Respected Contributor

Stores will not take Returns

[ Edited ]

Costco ( dont have one any where near)

and others stores have signs, I read, that they will not take returns of certain things.

This is really good in my opinion. Ones that over bought on toilet paper and wipes and other things and they stockpiled and left none for others should not be able to return.

Plus some bought so much to try and resell!

Respected Contributor

Re: Stores will not take Returns

[ Edited ]

And if the virus can live up to three days on some surfaces, it’s best to keep them out of the store after being who knows where. 

Honored Contributor

Good for them.  You buy it, you use it!  Too much...donate it to someone that couldn't find it.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

This is a very good policy!  I hope all stores adhere to this!  I was speaking to an employee in a drug store a week ago and she said people were coming in and piling their cart full of TP, wipes, clorox, etc.  She said she certainly hoped that after all of this calmed down, that the store would not accept all of this stuff back after people decided they no longer needed it!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

This is a very good policy!  I hope all stores adhere to this!  I was speaking to an employee in a drug store a week ago and she said people were coming in and piling their cart full of TP, wipes, clorox, etc.  She said she certainly hoped that after all of this calmed down, that the store would not accept all of this stuff back after people decided they no longer needed it!  

@AngelPuppy1 

Yes, it is.  Yesterday, I picked up my husband's insulin from the drugstore.  It was the wrong kind.  The doctor had called in the wrong kind.  I called the pharmacy and told them and asked them if I should bring it back.  They told me "no."  Destroy it.  We will get the right kind for you.  I asked if I would have to pay and they told me "no," that it was not my mistake, that it was my doctor's mistake but they would have to eat it because they could not take it back.  I told them I had not even opened it, I just realized it when I got it home and started to put it away.  They said, "even if you just touched the bag it is in, we cannot take it back."

Respected Contributor

@Preds  YES donate it! That is the best suggestion.

Honored Contributor

I thought about donating it but then diabetics have such poor immune systems and who knows, I could have come in contact with someone in the store or on my way out, or whatever who has something that I decided the prudent thing to do is to keep it in the fridge and if he should need that kind of insulin within the "shelf life" period, we would have it.  If not, I will destroy it when that "shelf life" period has expired.  I would not want to donate it and give someone else something.

Trusted Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 :  This has nothing to do with the virus. Most states have rules against returning prescription medicine. The pharmacy cannot take it back. At least you don't have to pay for it since it wasn't your error. If your community ever has hazardous waste disposal days, you can bring unused prescriptions in and they will safely dispose of them so they don't contaminate the water table.

Honored Contributor

Our local supermarket has put this into effect & stopped handing out rain checks too.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear 

Glad to hear this....let the hoarders reap what they sowed!!! 👍

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”