Respected Contributor

Stores Now in Your Area

[ Edited ]

How are things going in stores in your area? I went today to Walmart. Most every person was in a mask but a few were not wearing a mask. Lots of gloves. Check out lady had mask but no gloves. Not busy at all when I went there at 7 am.

They are STILL out of any cleaning wipes, cleaning supplies, hand sanitizer, hand wipes, rubbing alcohol, liquid hand soap.

Thought I would try going today and not on the weekend which is when I usually go. Didnt make any difference. 

Soups almost sold out and also frozen vegetables.  They had most other foods, lots of eggs, cheese, rice, pasta that they were sold out of two weeks ago. I dont buy meat there so didnt look.

They had alot of TP and paper towels, tissues mostly gone except for small sizes. 

They had the arrow marking one way in some areas and not everyone was paying attention to it!

No one was talking to anyone or speaking. It was just go in and get stuff and get out.

They were out of the cart wipes at the door!

Respected Contributor

Re: How are things at Stores

I went a couple weeks ago.  Most items were in stock, but no cleaning supplies, very little TP, paper towels and tissue.  They had just gotten a big supply of hand santizer--that section was full, so I picked up an extra.  Hand soaps were limited and they were limiting people to one.  I had just purchased a big package of TP the week before the Great TP Crisis of 2020, so I'm still good there and I bought a huge package of paper towels right after the Great Crisis started, so I'll be set for awhile there too.

Honored Contributor

I'm fixing to go find out how things are around here before they start re-opening tomorrow?

Trusted Contributor

I went to the big drug store this morning.  There's a hospital across the street.  Two hospital workers were looking for Clorox wipes for their mothers.  They had on plastic gowns, face shields and were double masked.  I'm seeing that more often, people wearing a surgical mask over an N95.  They had gloves, but were carrying them in their hands.

Anyway, this Walgreens had a big display (for Manhattan, the display was a table).  Clorox wipes, two per customer.  They had a sale on pulse oxiimeters for $39.00.  This display also had elderberry powder, vitamin c, small bottlles of generic hand sanitizer.  I think gloves too, but I didn't really pay attention because I had just bought gloves at the supermarket.  

This is only the second time I've seen a display like this, with Covid supplies.  And this display was a wowzer because I've never seen a pulse oximeter, so never had the chance to say "gee I should have bought that."

Esteemed Contributor

Ran into WM last night to pick up a coffee maker I ordered online. Not available to ship.

I did 0 shopping/browsing. All employees in masks but very few masks on shoppers.

MI reported 1,000 new cases overnite.

Respected Contributor

@DrKelli   lol at the great tp crisis Smiley Happy   im glad that i had bought tp and paper towels so still dont need those. did buy two boxes of the tissues even though they were small boxes.

Respected Contributor

In my are the stores I shop are nicely stocked, only cleaning chemicals shelves are half empty. Fish departments are packaged fresh fish only. Wegmans though has fresh fish, shrimp,mussels,etc on display in much more limited quantities. We have meats,chicken, no problem.The only things ido not see is fancy burgers like La Freda.

All stores are clean, have wipes at the entrance.

Customers all. In masks, most in gloves. The cashiers are protected by plexiglass dividers. People keep their distance, mostly.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

South Texas--Instacart delivered this morning--I was worried because things get dicey with available goods since lots of people get paid here on the first of the month....and they'll shop the day before the 1st....

I got the majority of what was on my list  ----  even meat---ground beef, chicken breasts, and also got some pre-cooked grilled chicken strips that I put in salads or I make fajitas with them, bought extra tuna, salad fixings, .....  they had all my frozen items ...also milk, coffee creamer...I didnt need eggs.....  My original cat food brand was back....got TP, paper towels, but no cleaning products...They substituted my bread with store brand.....and a Healthy Choice Power Bowl frozen dinner with another kind....  I was very pleased! My Instacart shopper was super fast and got my order delivered ahead of schedule....Woman Very Happy

The only funny thing was I asked for 2 tomatoes the brand is called On The Vine Red Tomatoes---instead of two I got the whole vine---6 tomatoes, but I will use them and the price was cheap...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

There are still a lot of empty spaces on the shelves. Staples and can goods along with pasta are very limited. Paper products are also. Everyone going into the store wearing a mask and people working in the store wearing mask. Blue tape marking where you are to stand in line and check stands being wiped down completely in between customers.

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

Ran into WM last night to pick up a coffee maker I ordered online. Not available to ship.

I did 0 shopping/browsing. All employees in masks but very few masks on shoppers.

MI reported 1,000 new cases overnite.

@Snowpuppy  That's because our testing has amped up, that's all. No need to panic. 

"Pure Michigan"