Respected Contributor

The shopping in my town is horrible.  The Penneys turned into a last clicks clearance store.  I don't go in there anymore.  When I do decide I need something and I go from store to store and cannot find it (bath robe last thing I shopped for in store) I wind up going on line to find it.  Going from store to store in this heat and then going home empty handed and wasted gas, I can see how online shopping is taking over.  When I do go into a store it usually is not for a specific item, I am just there to kill time because I am bored.  

Respected Contributor

I’m hoping Sears can survive as an online store. The last few purchases I made from Sears were all done online. 

I think their website is well designed and easy to use.

Honored Contributor

Re: Stores Closing.

[ Edited ]

@bikerbabe wrote:
Sears and KMart have been so atrociously managed I’m amazed they both are not out of business. It’s probably coming soon. Around here, they are still open but the stores have trash for sale.

@bikerbabe

There was a big article in one of the financial journals about Sears/Kmart's new CEO....He is a real estate mogul, and seems more concerned about what he can get for re-selling the free standing stores land/location than making changes to try to save the retail stores.........SAD!!!!  And why the 2 that weren't doing well combined (Kmart/Sears) ....that was also a poor decision too.....

Kmarts in our city closed long ago and what was so stupid is Kmart had just opened a brand new store and then turned around and closed it......what were they thinking...or were they thinking....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

In our area Walmart, Costco, Aldis have taken over.  One mall has been closed for over 15 years. 

I am an online shopper. Amazon, Blair, Zulily, to mention a few.