Honored Contributor

Re: Stop Lugging it With You to Every Thread

@DiAnne wrote:

Maybe the answer is that the people who are unhappy about the behavior on these boards move on to different sites where they feel the behavior is appropriate.  

Funny how people often express that sentiment until a behavior is expressed that *they* don't appreciate. THEN, they are all for action/intervention, mods-ban-'em, etc.

I'm not going anywhere because just because I don't like something doesn't mean it scares me off or makes me want to leave because my tender sensibilities were crushed. Nor have I suggested that moderadors do something about it - because I know they can't.

Yes, people can only change their own behavior - *if they choose to* - but anyone is free to express an opinion of that behavior.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde

The Roomba story made me LOL Woman LOL

I've had my moments here and I've also had a few epiphanies shall we say concerning others.  I have gone there and beyond but in the long run, is it worth it?  Absolutely not..

BUT

..I never forget.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

These threads never go well. 

It would have gone better if it was worded differently. A thread saying, " I think I need to work on not carrying things over to new threads" or " Maybe we would get along better if we leave what happened in the past alone". 

It's well known that "you" statements never go over well. They always come off as a lecture. Of course they have their place occasionally, but not so much on the internet. Especially when the person using "you" statements has no authority over others, IE is not a mod or admin nor are they citing board rules. 

And a post saying this *to me* would likely have elicited a clarification commentary, as occurred between me and another poster.  

I would not have ever said "I think I need to work on not carrying things over to new threads" because I do not do that with the exception of alerting moderators to trolls.  Have I "ever" done it? Probably - but extremely infrequently if so, hence no need to "work on it."

Am I perfect? Heck no - and never claim to be. It's other posters who ascribe that to me. Some will get it, some won't, and some wilfully won't. That's okay.

The very fact that you started this thread proves otherwise. If you actually were able to not carry over things from other threads into new ones, it would never have occured to you to start this thread. 

?? Proves what, exactly, otherwise?

The reason I started this thread is because I see it happening every day, week after week, month after month, all over these forums - often in threads I haven't even participated in, only read. It's happening to MANY, all the time.

That it HAS happened to me, from one poster (and not at all recently) just means it's happened to me like everyone else. I don't dwell on it. When it happens it's like a buzzing gnat. It's not a super-important part of my forum experience and I don't think about it all the time so that's why I started this thread. Just no. But I'm sure there will be posters who are convinced they know what I'm "really" thinking and "really" meaning - just like on every internet forum out there. 

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

Oh, @Trinity11, ITA. My post, or anyone else's post, isn't going to change things in the long run. But it's something I see a lot, and I felt motivated to comment on it.

What I have noticed over time is that the topics that get the most flak on the forums are often those where nerves are hit. 

I am not too sure....I think a lot of us come here with a full plate and by concentrating on something else it gets our minds off some real problems we have going on in life.

I try and give everyone the benefit of the doubt. Knowing how imperfect I am myself, I hesitate to call anyone else out. Goodness knows, we all have our bad days here.

@Trinity11, my bad - I meant (but didn't clearly say) topics about *behavior*, not any and all topics. Sorry!

Honored Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@Moonchilde

I've had my moments here and I've also had a few epiphanies shall we say concerning others.  I have gone there and beyond but in the long run, is it worth it?  Absolutely not..

BUT

..I never forget.

And I get that. But NOT always reflex-acting upon it shows self-control and adult sensibilities.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I smell a karma thread round the bend...

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@Moonchilde

BUT

..I never forget.

And I get that. But NOT always reflex-acting upon it shows self-control and adult sensibilities.

..true, true.  In MY case, I learned how to laugh. 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Respected Contributor

Moonchilde I think you're pretty brilliant.  I enjoy reading your pov though I don't always agree and I think you're a straight shooter 99% of the time.  Can't beat that!!  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@The Monkey on My Back wrote:

I smell a karma thread...

You mean, in the sense that from now on, any poster I've ever butted heads with about anything, or any poster who just plain "doesn't like my (virtual) face" is going to poo on every post I make anywhere, just for fun and to prove they can, to "teach me a lesson" and all that jazz?

LOL - the intense dislike has made itself felt, and I expected nothing different - seriously. I have no doubt I will be heaped with scorn and ridicule at every turn as I continue to post here, there and everywhere. Because like the GEICO commercials, the people who feel targeted will attack because...that's just what they do. I'm not buying car insurance from them, though.