Honored Contributor

Did you tell him he should have waited until they were ripe to steal them?

Trusted Contributor

@CarmieI put a motion detector light out by my garden because we thought someone was messing with the plants but it turned out to be a racoon family.  I put some Mr Beams around my garden they worked great,

Esteemed Contributor

How rude is that?  I’m glad they were bad. I hope they get diarrhea. 🤣🤣😈😈👍👍

Respected Contributor

He probably picked them and when presenting to his mother told her you gave them to him.  He probably knows better then to be on your property but got curious about your garden.

You should try and find out where he lives and speak to his mother or father.  If he was on your property once, he will be back.  I am sure they would want to know and put a stop to such behavior.   Someone else may not be so forgiving.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Stolen cantaloupes

[ Edited ]

Put up a LARGE SIGN such as this one. Do they think you run a

community garden?  Tell them to get lost.

images (5).jpg

Honored Contributor

@godi wrote:

How rude is that?  I’m glad they were bad.

LOL@quote.gifLOL@quote.gifLOL@quote.gif

I hope they get diarrhea. 🤣🤣😈😈👍👍

283917.gif@godi 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@threecees  BRILLIANT 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the comments and suggestions.

I do not know this boy and never saw him before.  We recently got some new neighbors a few streets over, so he might have just moved here or maybe not.

I wasn't upset that he took the melons.  I was just surprised by his attitude and by his honesty.  He acted like it was perfectly fine to tell me.

I have a small dwarf cherry tree and the kids used to pick them, but once they discovered they were sour cherries, that stopped.  LOL.

My parents always had a big garden.  They never minded if people helped themselves, as long as they ate what they took and didn't just destroy it and make a mess.

I will put up the fence and keep my eye out for this little guy.  He seems to be a character  with a mother who lets him run the streets. It's better to make friends with kids like this then  it is to get them to dislike you.  

I remember the mean neighbors in my childhood neighborhood and how they were taunted by the kids.  I don't want to go there.

These melons are huge....bigger than the grocery store variety. There is no way one person, adult or child could carry three of them at the same time unless they had help or a large bag and a lot of muscle

4AC4388F-5ED6-4B3B-9B52-8A97F68A6D5E.jpeg.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

Did you tell him he should have waited until they were ripe to steal them?

No, but It was on the tip of my tongue. He probably would have come back for the rest of them at a different time.

he acted like it was no big deal to take them, then tell me they were terrible.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hayseed00 wrote:

@CarmieI put a motion detector light out by my garden because we thought someone was messing with the plants but it turned out to be a racoon family.  I put some Mr Beams around my garden they worked great,

We do have motion lights out there....they go on a lot.  We have herds of deer too.