Respected Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@SharkE   Yep, the parents with kids are going to clean up for now.  Their kids are going to inherit a big tax bill to pay all of this back.  We are all receiving borrowed money and it's flowing like a waterfall.

@Carmie   Just wondering  ,  why would the kids have to pay back this money ?? 

It goes to our deficit.  Which is off the charts.

**edited to remove link with political sidebars**

I know I would prefer to err on the side of kindness and morality to help those children and families in need, than to line the pockets of the already wealthy. 

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

I don't really understand why those  with kids are going to get these checks every month 🤔  I mean why stop there why not pay off credit card debt, mortgages I mean I guess Everything?!   I don't really get it .  

Don't give them any more ideas...there is so much free money and forgiveness going on right now and/or in the plans that if somone told me that this would be happening years ago, I'd call them a nut.

Who'd a thunk this craziness would be happening? I keep pinching myself, hoping this is a bad dream.

Honored Contributor

I just awakened after a bad dream that ended in a nightmare. I feel much better now.

Honored Contributor

My husband said eventually the system will go bankrupt. forgiveness of this and that.  All adds up.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE  We could go bankrupt, but if too much money is placed in our economy too fast, it can and will lead to inflation.  Either way, it's going to spell trouble.

The richest folks are buying metal...gold and silver.  They are getting prepared for when the American dollar is worth very little.

Honored Contributor

Right on my friend.  The gravy train will come to a full stop. I've got nothing against tax free money, but, I know there's no free lunch.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@SharkE and others who have replied, I'm glad to see this thread.  I've been worried about my dad's payment #2.  I always filled out their tax returns for them online, married filing jointly, up until they retired.  Tax year 2018 was their final tax return, and even it had zeroed out, meaning they had paid in no income tax, and they were not owed any types of credits or refunds back from the gov't, so a return was not filed or needed for the tax year 2019. 

They are on SS direct deposit, though, so the gov't still has all their info.  

Their first stimulus checks came by mail no problem.  And I'm quite sure I filled out that non-filer tool last year for each of them.  

This 2ND time around, my mom got her check in the mail, but my dad didn't.   The Get My Payment tool says IRS "either" does not have enough information, or he is not eligible.  

I am pretty confused because nothing whatsoever in their life has changed.

I thought their filing days were over for good and was thankful for that, because I find all that really stressful.  Now I'm looking for all the info I can find so that I can do the right things in order to ensure that he gets his payment and any future pmts.  

At this point all I know to do is online file their 2020 taxes and hope everything works out.  

It's all very frustrating, but I am thankful to read HERE that others are having similar unexplainable issues.  I've Googled for help six ways to Sunday, so imagine my surprise at finding relatable information here.  Smiley Happy

An update:  I online filed my parents' return 2-12 and it was accepted today, 2-13.  Toward the end of the process was where questions were asked about what stimulus payments had actually been received by my parents already.  The program calculated that my dad was still owed $600, which is what we expected. 

So now we just have to wait for the direct deposit to be received within 3 weeks.  The filing process went smoothly enough, although filing in general is not one of my strong areas. Glad that's over.

Honored Contributor

Mine never got his has resigned himself to reporting on tax form and will deduct from what he owes and according to them we always owe something LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE  Yes that's the right way to handle it.  My parents usually had to pay most years also.  Here is the latest info from the IRS Get My Payment Site:

"As of January 29, 2021, Get My Payment will no longer be updated for the first and second Economic Impact Payments.  

If Get My Payment does not provide a payment date, a payment will not be issued and you may claim the Recovery Rebate Credit, if you’re eligible. You must file a 2020 tax return to claim the credit even if you usually don’t file."

Honored Contributor

Thank you I don't see that on my end, so, guess I can lay off checking in daily and save my breathe. LOL

Praying we both get the 1400 and in direct deposit !