Honored Contributor

Re: Stimulus Money Deposited Into Someone Else’s Account

@teganslaw wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I know it wouldn't be feasible because of time constraints, but I wish that the money could go first and foremost to those in need.

I agree that money should go to those in need, and also why it can't be done. A problem  with that is what defines "need"? That implies too many things and different opinions on what the term means. 

BTW I got the deposit. H &R Block sent me an email stating that because we had the service paid out of the refund, it was sent to that numbers account through refund transfer. It was finally sent to our checking account. 

True, @teganslaw. I just hope that those who are in a sense profiting from this money don't ever gripe about all the supposed "cheaters" on welfare.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

There is rarely agreement abouts any "needs" based program.

I think that this program (and the earlier one) are adequately crafted using Adjusted Gross Incomes to determine eligibility.  I have no issues with it.

Future payments,  which I think will come, could slide the eligibility numbers up or down and people will nevertheless be unhappy wherever it lands.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

There is rarely agreement abouts any "needs" based program.

I think that this program (and the earlier one) are adequately crafted using Adjusted Gross Incomes to determine eligibility.  I have no issues with it.

Future payments,  which I think will come, could slide the eligibility numbers up or down and people will nevertheless be unhappy wherever it lands.

You make a good point, @Johnnyeager, I guess it's better to be possibly more expansive than the opposite.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Got mine today after getting a notice from TurboTax that it had gone to them---I used T-Tax for my 2019 taxes.  

Super Contributor

GURL...  I wouldn't know.  I make outside of the rage to get any stimulus money.

@suzyQ3 wrote:

You make a good point, @Johnnyeager, I guess it's better to be possibly more expansive than the opposite.