Honored Contributor

Re: Stimulus Check

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

Let's face it, the first time went so smoothly we had to know if there was a way to screw this up they'd find it... Add me to the list still waiting for a check supposedly mailed on the 6th but whose first payment was direct deposited. Meanwhile, nothing changed, but for the aforementioned predictable muck up there was no reason not to direct deposit this one... Be forewarned, they're already saying that due to the many glitches, some folks will see their 'check' as a tax refund or a reduction in the amount of taxes due... This has been an epic fail... 

praying your full of it because husband won't give me zilch, then.

If we have a 3rd one I'm not gonna watch it and all the hoopla that will surround it in getting it put over. Some are gone, but, some still in there that will put the kibosh on it.    @stevieb 

Honored Contributor
I saw an interview with an IRS representative a couple of days ago and he said they were working on an even shorter time line to get checked out this time around and there is a limit on the volume they could do electronically so some people who got a direct deposit last time were mailed checks this time. He also said that they continue to mail checks out this week.
Honored Contributor

I'll pay for the stamp

Super Contributor

seems to be all over the map. first one was a paper check in the mail. second one was a debit card....and I almost tossed it as I thought it was junk mail. it did have a statement saying it wasn't an ad, and it was from the gov, but with all the recent (endless) political mailings, it would be easy to toss. 

as I don't want to go to the bank, nor touch the ATM buttons to deposit a check, I actually preferred the debit card. seems like it would cost more: make it and then set up process to activate. 

not gettng a 'letter' from the former president was a bonus (that came with paper check).

Honored Contributor

My neighbor got a CARD that has to be activated .... anyone else get a card?

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 

Both of ours went to our bank, as did the previous ones. Why different?  No clue.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

Well, at least yours is in the mail. Ours says not enough information or not eligable. We are eligable and the first one was direct deposit.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

My neighbor got a CARD that has to be activated .... anyone else get a card?

@Tinkrbl44 , yep. Got a card.

Honored Contributor

Re: Stimulus Check

[ Edited ]

That's what it says on my husbands, but, on mine it says mailed 1-6th

LOL    Go figure !

@yamma024 

Super Contributor

@SharkE..well got my mail..NO CHECK !!!..just a 'thank you for using our online services'......GEEZ! I guess I should have known..