Honored Contributor

I'm not complaining, I know these are unusual circumstances. However,  my menus  really revolved around chicken, and I've got to figure out other recipes. I have one chicken breast in the freezer, and I will savor it. šŸ˜ø

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Still no Chicken šŸ“

@QVCkitty1 :  Can you get canned chicken in the interim?

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

@QVCkitty1 :  Can you get canned chicken in the interim?

@patbz , I'll be honest with you, I've never used canned chicken, so I didn't think to look. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I recently bought canned chicken, roast beef, tuna and salmon.  I have seldom used it in the past but it should work well in casseroles, salads and sandwiches.

Honored Contributor

i have not been having problems getting large chicken breast packs and rotisserie chickens from sams club. initially i did. you can do a ton of stuff with rotisserie chickens. you may also want to consider trying schwans home delivery for chicken items.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Contributor

Could you substitute turkey...I haven't been able to find chicken and have bought boneless turkey roast...our stores seem to have this available.

Honored Contributor

@DesertPony wrote:

Could you substitute turkey...I haven't been able to find chicken and have bought boneless turkey roast...our stores seem to have this available.

@DesertPony , There was no turkey , I would love to roast a turkey breast !  The only meat in abundance was pork, no tenderloin, but lots of chops and roasts. I bought a pkg. of bone in chops.  We are not beef eaters except for hamburger. I see a lot of chili, spaghetti and meat loaf in our future. Next trip I'll check on that canned chicken.

Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I'm not complaining, I know these are unusual circumstances. However,  my menus  really revolved around chicken, and I've got to figure out other recipes. I have one chicken breast in the freezer, and I will savor it. šŸ˜ø

@QVCkitty1,  how about substituting turkey.  At least around my area they are plentiful.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@QVCkitty1,  how about substituting turkey.  At least around my area they are plentiful.

I wish. 

Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Took a run to Stop & Shop early last evening to get a few items. More than 3/4 of the long meat case was empty......along with other areas of the store being bare or close to it. Just a few more examples, the long case where they have things like lettuce, celery, other greens had hardly anything, the soup shelves were pretty thinned out especially the Campbell's brand, cleaning products and of course still no TP.