Super Contributor

Still having issues with periodic TV screen going blank and sound going off. Anyone else?

I mentioned this a few days ago.... throughout the day and during each program every so many minutes the sound goes out, and the screen goes blank for maybe 5 seconds.... Then it comes back on. It only happens on this this QVC channel, no other channels( and I have a hundred!~) I have Comcast here in Seattle. I wonder why they do not fix it as it has been going on for over a month?

No big deal... just a bit bothersome to be watching and listening and suddenly there is no sound or picture.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Still having issues with periodic TV screen going blank and sound going off. Anyone else?

I have 3 TVs, all the same brand and only one of them does that and it's my favorite channel, PBS. It doesn't happen on any other channel, just PBS.

Honored Contributor

Re: Still having issues with periodic TV screen going blank and sound going off. Anyone else?

I have Time Warner Cable & EVERYONE has lots more problems lately.

My screen "freezes" - sometimes it resumes working...sometimes not.

I used to work for a cable company (but not in tech!).

All the companies are upgrading their systems to be able to provide more interactive programming and more services like "start over". They take up a lot of bandwidth, leading to more issues.

I also recommend that people unplug the cable box, wait a few minutes and then re-boot. Sometimes that will solve problems for a while. It's like upgrading your computer.

Honored Contributor

We have Directv and ours does the same thing from time to time... I believe it's aliens! LOL

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Super Contributor

Yes, I figured it was those darned aliens doing it....Smile

Honored Contributor

Whenever they are solar events (like the recent Northern Nights in the USA), satellites go a little wacky.

Even though cable reception is thru cable (duh!) - the programs are sent to the cable companies via satellite dishes - gathered on "satellite farms."

The sunbursts affect the satellite reception and cause temporary outages.

Esteemed Contributor

I have four sets in my house and I have Comcast. When one goes nutty the rest go nutty too.

Honored Contributor

On 9/15/2014 Matty6 said:

{#emotions_dlg.scared} I have four sets in my house and I have Comcast. When one goes nutty the rest go nutty too.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

You are on to something there, Matty6!

Try unplugging the cable boxes and re-boot.

Honored Contributor

Hi gazelle--I'm in Woodinville and that very same thing happens everyday all the time. Maybe I should pay my bill!!!! Would love to deep-6 comcast----too expensive for the c(r)ap channels there are. I watch MAYBE 1/4 of them.

Trusted Contributor

Hmmm...I always thought it my husband trying to get me to change the channel.