Respected Contributor

I have a Hobart stand mixer (precursor to KA).. I don't really know how old it is, but it works like it did when it was new. And all the KA extras work just fine with it, too.  

I also have a Sunbeam Mixmaster that still works. A wedding gift to us in 1953.  I rarely use it, but when I do it works great. It makes the creamiest mashed potatoes ever. Far more creamy and lump free than even my new KS stand mixer. So I always use it for that.

And if you're wondering why I have three stand mixers, the truth is, I don't know.

Honored Contributor

Our microwave, which was purchased around 1984.  Old reliable just keeps on going, it's a Quasar which was THE ONE TO HAVE in SF at the time.  It doesn't even have a turntable but it heats evenly. 

It looks old, like some kid used it a lot, which is the truth,  but it's the perfect sized for under the cabinet and it never fails or acts temperamental.

New stove, new frig, new Kitchenaid mixer, new air fryer and pressure cooker but the same old same old somewhat worse for wear microwave.

What?  It has memories Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

I have an electric can opener from my wedding shower that I still use - that's going on 22  years.    I also had a Kitchen Aid from my shower that I gave to my SIL when I bought a new one.  Even though it's no longer mine, it still works and is in perfect shape

Honored Contributor

Re: Still going strong

[ Edited ]

I have a Kelvinator refrigerator, circa 1952,

Esteemed Contributor

Ok it's not an appliance but it amazes me anyway. I worked at a home store and when they first started carrying CFL light bulbs they gave us each on. That was 22 years ago and this bulb still is going strong. When we moved last May I told my husband to grab that lightbulb on the final walk thru and its in our new home still working. It's always on too. It's over my washer always was so its on a lot. It just amazes me. Sorry not an appliance. I got an 11 year old fridge in basement. 😂😂

Regular Contributor

Wow digo, a light bulb lasting that many years? Interesting. I am impressed. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Still going strong

[ Edited ]

Our two oldest are the same age. The dryer and our wall ovens are both just over 12 years old. 

We bought our house new 12 years ago so the oven was new. We replaced our dryer at that time. 

Hmmmm.... let me change that. We have an electric knife that's probably 25 years old. We never use it. That's our oldest appliance. 

My hand mixer is about 5 years old and my mini chopper is about two years old. Keurig is 1+ years old. Toaster is less than a year old.  Dishwasher is about 5 years old. Crockpot is about 10 years old. We never use it. Washer is about 9 years old. 

That's it for us for appliances. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Regular Contributor

Welcome to the boards Arizona1358. It is good to have you.

Honored Contributor

I have a blender and electric can opener that were shower gifts in 1971. 

I admit I do not use the blender as much as I once did, but it still makes the best frozen daiquiris.

I tend to use a manual can opener as the harvest gold electric can opener is in a cabinet out of sight. .

Honored Contributor

Well, I'm still alive and kickin'.