Esteemed Contributor

Re: Still Swooning over the Photo of Kurt Russell Smooching Goldie Hawn

I think they're one of the most annoying celebrity couples.  🙄  

When I saw the photo, I didn't think "authentic love"--instead I was thinking "staged."  

Honored Contributor

That is a lovely picture!

I also loved Overboard.  I've seen it numerous times.

Honored Contributor

Sincerely "staged," I believe.   Probably even some humor involved, too.  To me, their very real warmth and connection shine through.

Honored Contributor

Wow, Azcow, I did not know that.  Is that the secret of their joy?  If she can tolerate that and remain happy, who am I to say?

Respected Contributor

@golding76

True. If she's happy, that's what matters. 

A relationship like that seems to me, on the level of room mates or friends.

Honored Contributor

All I know, Azcow, is that I could not do it.  I believe in exclusivity.  If something happened and I did not know about it -- and did not notice that it did any damage to our relationship -- then it happened and I would go on blindly happy.  Of course it would have to be a rarity that pretty much never occurred again.  I'm definitely not open-marriage material.  We are all different.

Respected Contributor

She was married twice before Kurt and had the reputation of a free spirit.  You know 60s summer of love, experimental everything, california air.  It seems to have worked.  The open marriage stuff, who knows whether that is true.  I would think if it was that at least one of their extra partners would have spoken up over the years.  

Honored Contributor

Maybe because she gives him freedon, he doesn't need/take it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

What comes through, too, is that he adores her.  I swear, I feel that emotion.

I all of a sudden realize why this photo resonates with me.  This is unbelievable.  When we first met, my  late husband set up his auto camera to capture a picture of us kissing.  I was draped along a couch that sat in open space in the living room, and I was stretched out in the same position as Goldie Hawn.  My head and legs were in positions identical to hers in this photo.  My husband bent over the couch to kiss me, and he came from the same direction as Kurt Russell in this photo.  I feel  that same sense of adoration (Kurt for Goldie) when looking at this photo that I felt so long ago when first falling in love.

This is a startling realization for me, to say the least.  Gads, how many things do we like that are reflections of what we knew earlier in our lives?

Kurt adores her.  We have no idea for what reasons he appreciates her inner and outer beauty.  That is their secret.

Valued Contributor

I've always thought they were the cutest couple. They seem truly in love. Always thougt Kurt Russell was a cutie, remember watching him in Disney movies, and Goldie from Laugh In. Loved Overboard.