Honored Contributor

Re: Steve Harvey - rude and crude

@AKgirl2 wrote:

I think when people come into a lot of money, or make a lot of money they do get too big for their britches...as they say, remember where you came from...you're no better than anyone.

Facts please as to how he's gotten to big for his britches!

Like I statred before I can take him or leave him but I do respect him because of his mentoring camps and his Steve Harvey foundation for at risk kids. I take it you don't apprciate his wealth?

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

@ZoetheCat wrote:

@Miranda1550 wrote:

Rude and crude;, yes he is..  When I have my nails done, his show 

is always on, as much as I complain, it stays on.  I know I could change my time, but I need to go at that time.

It must be a nail salon thing!  Where I go they have his show on, too.  This week, his show featured a particularly graphic topic.  I don't necessarily mind if I'm at home or among friends, but I was really quite embarassed given how many older ladies were at the salon.  It was obvious that several of them were quite uncomfortable.

It puzzles me as to why the salon would tune the channel to a show like this which can be rather controversial.  I always wonder why they don't just play the Food Channel.  I can't imagine anyone would be offended by that, and as a bonus, we might just get a great new recipe.

Seems to me you don't need to be embarassed for the older ladies in the salon.  Methinks they would complain or find a new salon if the content mattered that much.  It's no different than the daytime soap operas (none of which I watch.)

Even in his early sitcom with other actors that was his schtik....is he rude in real life?  I dunno, could be.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

I think his new show with the kids is lame.

I don't think I've ever really watched his talk show, maybe a few minutes worth.

He's alright, I guess, has some funny expressions.

His version of Family Fued is wicked.  Don't want that on when I have my 3, 4 or 5 years old GC in the room.

The questions (or actually the answers), if you ask me, are for losers. 

Don't know if that makes sense to you, but it does to me.  lol

But if you enjoy it, we there ya go, (enjoy).

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I don't think I've ever really watched his talk show, maybe a few minutes worth.

His version of Family Fued is wicked.  Don't want that on when I have my 3, 4 or 5 years old GC in the room.

Who you talking to?

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Who you talking to?

The WORLD.Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Who you talking to?

The WORLD.Woman LOL

Good on you.  Your post was full of 'you' as if you were replying to someone.  

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

I was flipping through channels and happened upon The Steve Harvey Show - how does he get by with cussing on tv in the daytime and all of the sexual suggestions he makes on his show?  If Ellen sat there cussing throughout her show, I think everyone would turn it off.  No wonder I don't watch this show! 

Honestly, I don't know what "cussing" means. I've never used that word in my life. I've always said "cursing" but I don't know if that's the same as cussing.

I've always liked Steve Harvey. I haven't watched him in quite a while because I don't watch that much tv anymore, but I can't imagine him throwing the F-bomb around on afternoon TV!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Trusted Contributor

I'm clearly thinking of the wrong guy.  But I thought Steve Harvey did nice, fun, warm human interest type stories at the end of a news show that I don't know the name of.  Obviously that's not who you all are talking about.  

Does anyone know who I mean and care to help me out?  Probably a similar sounding name.  I've Googled and come w/nuttin, nada, zilch.

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Esteemed Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

I was flipping through channels and happened upon The Steve Harvey Show - how does he get by with cussing on tv in the daytime and all of the sexual suggestions he makes on his show?  If Ellen sat there cussing throughout her show, I think everyone would turn it off.  No wonder I don't watch this show! 

Honestly, I don't know what "cussing" means. I've never used that word in my life. I've always said "cursing" but I don't know if that's the same as cussing.

I've always liked Steve Harvey. I haven't watched him in quite a while because I don't watch that much tv anymore, but I can't imagine him throwing the F-bomb around on afternoon TV!

He doesn't use those kinds of CURSE words on tv.  

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@MrsSweetieBear wrote:

I'm clearly thinking of the wrong guy.  But I thought Steve Harvey did nice, fun, warm human interest type stories at the end of a news show that I don't know the name of.  Obviously that's not who you all are talking about.  

Does anyone know who I mean and care to help me out?  Probably a similar sounding name.  I've Googled and come w/nuttin, nada, zilch.

Put Steve Harvey in a google search for images.  You'll be able to tell if its the same person that way.  

*Call Tyrone*