Honored Contributor

Re: Steve Harvey - rude and crude

I've watched his show a couple times.  I don't get the appeal.  People must like it or it would get cancelled.

Respected Contributor

FCC  Obscenity, Indecency & Profanity -- FAQ

FCC  Filing an Informal Complaint

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Contributor

Oh dear, the ladies are getting their knickers in a knot over Steve Harvey!!

Honored Contributor

@nun ya wrote:

I used to like him, until he was talking about Mike Vick and said F them dogs.

No knickers in a twist here, but I never cared for him and now, reading the above, I care for him even less...

I guess what remains a mystery to me is why the media seems to have adopted him. I mean he's everywhere you look and I don't see any particular appeal or talent.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@nun ya wrote:

I used to like him, until he was talking about Mike Vick and said F them dogs.

No knickers in a twist here, but I never cared for him and now, reading the above, I care for him even less...

I guess what remains a mystery to me is why the media seems to have adopted him. I mean he's everywhere you look and I don't see any particular appeal or talent.

Yeah, but with three shows, somebody sees something.  Honestly I didn't know he had three shows.  Steve has been around.  He started in radio.  Then he had another sitcom.  That book he wrote is what set him up for the success he is enjoying now.  They have to strike while the iron is hot.  All celebrities do this.  Think: Lisa Rinna; Guilana Ranci; so on and so on.  Same thing.  BRANDING.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

Not a fan and don't pay much attention to him but he sure was RUDE and DUMB at the Miss Universe contest - how does one mistake only two females?  I feel he knew what he was doing.  Instead of making the pageant look bad, he looked like a fool. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My what a great thread to get our minds off of Orlando! (sarcasm)

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Trusted Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

The same way Joan Rivers did. And she cussed and made remarks with sexual innuendo right here on QVC.

I was never offended by Joan ... which is weird to some.  I guess I regarded her as a sassy old lady.

Trusted Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

Not a fan and don't pay much attention to him but he sure was RUDE and DUMB at the Miss Universe contest - how does one mistake only two females?  I feel he knew what he was doing.  Instead of making the pageant look bad, he looked like a fool

Add OBNOXIOUS and ZERO talent to the list.

Honored Contributor

I have no opinion on his use of profanity - anyone's profanity gets old & tired & lame when it's every other word and they're relying on it instead of talent, but I haven't watched his show.

What I have seen of him, in clips & interviews here and there, and on the kid show that I hate but my family loves to watch, so I see it - Steve thinks he's the hippest, coolest, funniest dude on scene. 

I find that he has no actual talent, and pushes whatever situation to the max for laughs; consequently, he's not funny, he's just pushy and lame and clearly loves himself.

If I had a choice, I'd turn the channel every time I saw his face, simply because I know he doesn't entertain me.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all