Respected Contributor

Re: Steve Buscemi's Wife Jo Andres Passed Away Age 65

[ Edited ]

I'm also sad that he's lost his wife - sounds like they were a very tight supportive couple.  As @Somertime said , I was never more impressed by what a "star" did at 9/11 without publicity.

I think SB is very underrated as an actor.  He can do comedy (can't wait to see "Miracle Workers"!), drama "Boardwak Empire" and "Reservoir Dogs" and scary/menacing in "Con Air".

One of my favorite performances was in ""Armageddon". 

Wonderful he found an equally talented wife with which to collaborate.

Denise
Honored Contributor

Jo Andres,

https://theartmad.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Rest-In-Peace-Candle-1.gif

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@software wrote:

I saw where Pat Boone's wife passed.

Another long & beautiful marriage

@software  Yes there is a separate thread about her in this forum.

Esteemed Contributor

I was so sorry to read about Steve Buscemi's wife. She appeared to be a talented woman in her own right.

Steve Buscemi can do anything. The first time I remember seeing him was The Sopranos. He was wonderful in the role of Tony's cousin Tony. Yup they had the same name.

He was also in Boardwalk Empire. Those are his two well-known roles, but he was also in a series on AOL called Park Bench. It was mostly ad-libbed and featured one (or both) of his real life brothers as well as different celebrity guests every week, talking around New York City on a park bench that they shlepped from wherever they stored it. It was a little wacky but a lot of fun.

He also appeared in a series called Horace and Pete, starring Louis CK, Edie Falco, Alan Alda, Jessica Lange, and Steven Wright, among others. Steve Buscemi had a great role, as did all the characters. I loved this show having discovered it on either Netflix or Hulu last year. I don't know if it's still around, but if you're a fan of Steve Buscemi's and the rest of the cast, I think you will love it. Just ignore Louis CK if you have to.

I feel so bad that he lost his wife. Prayers to him.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett