Honored Contributor

Stepmom Writes Vows to Stepson at Wedding......

.....your 'feel good' story for today!Heart

An adorable four-year-old couldn't hold back his tears of joy as his dad and new stepmom said 'I do'.

US Marine Corps Sergeant Joshua Newville and Senior Airman Emily Leehan said their vows in an emotional wedding on Saturday at Quincy Cellars in Ripley, New York.

But it was Sgt Newville's son, Gage, who became overwhelmed with emotion when his stepmom read vows that she had written especially for him. 

Stepmom's vows to her four-year-old stepson on her wedding day:  

I want you to be safe and to try your hardest and to be a good person. [To Gage: Don't cry!] 

I know that you and I will butt heads, but I hope that with all my heart, that as you become grown man you will understand my methods and realize I have only done what is best for you and that I love you. 

The last thing thing I hope you learn is that you are a special boy. You are so extremely smart, handsome, and kind to others. You have helped shape me into the woman that I am today and I may not have given you the gift of life, but life surely gave me the gift of you. 

Emily Leehan read her four-year-old stepson Gage his own set of vows at her wedding on Saturday

Little Gage was brought to tears by his new step-mother's kind words 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Stepmom Writes Vows to Stepson at Wedding......

So touching,

Image result for thank you images

Respected Contributor

I am literally sitting out on a patio here where I work, at lunch, reading this and coughing get, sniffing and gurgling trying not to tear up in front of all these other people. If I end up choking and keeling get over at least my last thoughts would be beautiful ones ! 

Wow. God bless them and his bio mom.

Respected Contributor

My eyes are so full of tears...I can't see to find my Kleenex! What a lovely thing for this bride to do...and thank you for posting @KingstonsMom.

Honored Contributor

@vermint, @LizzieInSRQ

I won't lie.....I teared up too!Heart

Love is a wonderful thing.......Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

This precious post should come with a warning.

Thanks for sharing

@KingstonsMom

Trusted Contributor

It gave me goose bumps, I can't take it.