QVC Customer Care

Re: Stephen, Stephen, Stephen !

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lila Belle wrote:
I think you are mistaken about that rehead87.

Lila Belle,

I'm sure you read EVERY word I posted.

I said I saw and heard  ( meaning at the same moment) Colbert say this. I wrote that.

That is why he is off of my list. And to think, I liked him and thought him intelligent. Boy, am I wrong !

Are you saying I am telling a falsehood ?

Esteemed Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

@shoekitty wrote:

Steven Colbert is just a naturally funny, quick witted person.  He really is.  I am amazed.  I also find him a wonderful dramatic actor.  He guest starred in one of my most favorite episodes of Law and Order/ Criminal Intent.  He was really good, I was really taken back...and evil he played the killer!!

I believe at one time he took acting lessons and it shows in his TV show.  His body language, facial expressions and timing are great.  I love watching him. 

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

He majored in theater in college, musical theater, I believe.

Honored Contributor

I just finished watching it.  I'm not a fan of the late night format, never have been no matter who was hosting.  I think there are obviously good moments that happen, but on a day to day basis, it's generally not that entertaining for me.  My take has always been that it's just a bunch of people promoting something with practiced/forced schtick.  I was hoping he would try something different (like Fallon with all of his games and stunts).

With all the time they had to prepare for this, they had 2 people talking about boring subjects. 

On the music side, other than Ben Folds, I have no idea who all of those people were.

I will watch a few more episodes because there is nothing else on tv, but I don't think I'll stay in long term.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I dislike Colbert so I didn't watch it even though I was up.  Now I'm kicking myself and wish I had because George Clooney was on.  Here is an article about it - darn! Wish Id' seen it.

http://www.people.com/article/george-clooney-late-show-stephen-colbert-premiere-video

@redhead65   Colbert is a liberal and comedian.  I think he was kidding about Trump.

Honored Contributor

I just had to go back and see where Jon Stewart was, I missed that the first time.  I didn't recognize him.

Jimmy Fallon was the only light hearted funny moment for me.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

I dislike Colbert so I didn't watch it even though I was up.  Now I'm kicking myself and wish I had because George Clooney was on.  Here is an article about it - darn! Wish Id' seen it.

http://www.people.com/article/george-clooney-late-show-stephen-colbert-premiere-video

@redhead65   Colbert is a liberal and comedian.  I think he was kidding about Trump.

Pearlee,

If this statement about Colbert is true then I will feel unbelieveably

happier. Not that I have ever been a watcher or follower, but I'm familiar enough with him that it turned my stomach when I saw him say that.  But like you, I would have tuned in if I had known ole' gorgeous George was on !!!

If  I am incorrect, then I apologize about what I said. Hopefully, he IS smarter than that !

Thanks for pointing it out as I don't watch him enough to know when he is being a "comedian" or not.

Have a nice "Hump Day".

Esteemed Contributor

@redhead65 he was MAKING FUN of DT!  Go back and look at the Oreos segment, he had me LOL!!! Woman LOL

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35

Jon Stewart appeared in the first few moments after the Star Spangled Banner was sung-- he took off his umpire's mask and said: 'Play Ball!'

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Yes, I went back and watched it to find him.  As I said, I missed him the first time around,  I didn't recognize him.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN