Honored Contributor

Re: Stephen Hawking is only dead in this universe

SH did not believe in God or a here after for anyone who died. The alternate universes are for exploration by the living and the living if they are already there.

Respected Contributor

Multiverse. A Stephen Hawking. Not OUR Stephen Hawking. 

Respected Contributor

It's a fun thought!

Thanks for the pause!

No need to compare two truly gifted souls.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hennypenny wrote:

It's a fun thought!

Thanks for the pause!

No need to compare two truly gifted souls.

@hennypenny  I agree.  Einstein and Hawking came from different periods of time and from different perspectives in physics. 

Had the lifetimes been reversed we very well may seen Hawking coming up with the the same conclusions of Einstein and vice-versa.

We will never know and therefore Einstein and Hawking are geniuses in their own right, with their own contributions.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

I can't bring myself to believe that thuman beings, being the magnificent creations we are, that after our bodies die, that's the end of it. I'm not sure exactly what kind of afterlife there is or what it's like, but there's no doubt in my mind that this earthly life is NOT all there is.

Esteemed Contributor

We know for sure that our material bodies cease to exist in time after death and that the internal workings cease in death. What we don't know is what happens to our spiritual essence for etermity. I don't rule out any possibility because I know science has no way of studying that. It's more logical that much of our essence reappears in a new generation.

Super Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

Hope he has plenty of marshmallows~!   He's alive all right.

@seaBreeze 

Oh, you are so right! He is alive and most likely wishing he weren't.  Marshmallows Smiley Happy good one!Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

Deep In The Heart of Texas
Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

We know for sure that our material bodies cease to exist in time after death and that the internal workings cease in death. What we don't know is what happens to our spiritual essence for etermity. I don't rule out any possibility because I know science has no way of studying that. It's more logical that much of our essence reappears in a new generation.

@RainCityWoman, it's certainly true that science can't study something called our "spiritual essence." It is my opinion, then, that any form of the word "logic" cannot logically be applied to said probability.

Of course, we all have our own way of explaining this whole crazy phenomenon that we find ourselves in.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Why do some here seem to have such rancor toward him?

Is it because he didn't espouse traditional Christian beliefs?

Esteemed Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

Why do some here seem to have such rancor toward him?

Is it because he didn't espouse traditional Christian beliefs?

For me yes. I am being honest and not snarky. I realize he had his own views as his right and I have mine. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.