Honored Contributor

Stephen Hawking is only dead in this universe

Interesting Commentary!

Commentary: The famous theoretical physicist could be still alive and well somewhere if his mind-bending understanding of existence turns out to be correct.

BY
ERIC MACK
MARCH 14, 2018 

https://www.cnet.com/news/stephen-hawking-is-dead-and-alive-black-holes-multiverse/?ftag=COS-05-10aa...

Honored Contributor

Re: Stephen Hawking is only dead in this universe

Wouldn't that be incredible?  There are so many possibilities to life and the Universe/s that we humans haven't even scratched the surface of understanding....  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

There are always going to be guys who discuss - learnedly - how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

So this is a nifty conversation that is purely theoretical.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bah; I don't have much regard for Steven Hawking.

My DH is a scientist so we've hung out with a lot of scientists from many fields of study, and I've asked them who was a greater scientist: Hawking or Einstein?

To a man (and woman) they all said Einstein. I asked them why. They mostly said because Einstein came up with ideas that almost literally turned the world of science on its head (and, in one instance, demolished Isaac Newton's theory of gravity) and did it all in his HEAD--he didn't have so much as a calculator to help him.

Hawking had, despite his medical disability, all kinds of electronic media and assistants to do a lot of his work for him.

I was surprised; I thought they'd all say Hawking; but having heard their reasons, I'd have to agree.

Honored Contributor

I find this fascinating.  I too believe we never die, and exist after death still ourselves without a physical body and we are able to work towards being a better person or continue our passions.

Valued Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I find this fascinating.  I too believe we never die, and exist after death still ourselves without a physical body and we are able to work towards being a better person or continue our passions.

Yes, agree, energy never dies.

~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

suzyQ3 downer here: I have faith that when we die, we no longer exist in any fashion.

C'est la vie.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Hope he has plenty of marshmallows~!   He's alive all right.

Esteemed Contributor

Interesting theory, but I don't believe it. My belief is when we die, we are gone forever. 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Esteemed Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

Hope he has plenty of marshmallows~!   He's alive all right.

Amen!  Woman Wink

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!