Honored Contributor

Re: Stealing Water During The Drought

He certainly should be able to see how lush his grounds look, while everyone else is brown and shriveled

Honored Contributor

I'd imagine it is possible he didn't know.  A lot of wealthy people are having water brought in from out of state for their own use. Maybe he was told that's what was happening.

But that in and of itself is wrong, imo.  Most people are going to great lengths to help conserve. 

What really ticks me off is that many are claiming their golf courses should come first.  Farmers are losing their livelihood but the golfers think they are more important Smiley Mad

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Super Contributor

I have such high regard for TS that this really me feel sad.

Respected Contributor

..wow, I can't believe that so many are making excuses for him..lol    Anyone doubt that if the same story was told only it was Justin Bieber, you ladies would be jumping all over him!!!  LOL

Honored Contributor

I can't believe so many people are ready to hang the man not really knowing if he knew about it or was party to it. He possibly has a business manager who pays bills and goes through the mail (I SURE would!). Just because someone has money is no reason to automatically think the worse of them. Just as if they had no money. . . People are just people. Wait and see when the facts come out and don't believe 90 percent of the garbage you read now.
Honored Contributor

..wow, I can't believe that so many are making excuses for him..lol    Anyone doubt that if the same story was told only it was Justin Bieber, you ladies would be jumping all over him!!!  LOL

That's really unnecessary and baiting.

Honored Contributor

TODAY reported they contacted him but he did not respond.

He knew.

Honored Contributor

No one knows 'the whole story' at this point, and it really isn't necessary to scold people who are holding out to wait until he speaks or the truth is revealed. 

Do we always have to assume the worst immediately, before we give time for the facts to be seen in any given circumstance? 

He has proven to be a pretty stand up guy and for that reason, I'm willing to wait and see what comes of this. Others can choose not to, but don't need to shame those who adopt a wait and see attitude.

Esteemed Contributor

Of course he knew.  He has an avocado farm.  Hollywood - the rules don't apply to celebs.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

"Of course he knew.  He has an avocado farm.  Hollywood - the rules don't apply to celebs."

It's not just Hollywood or celebs.  There are a lot of wealthy people doing this, people whose names we probably wouldn't recognize.

There are also a lot of farmers stealing water from the Delta, which can cause serious problems.