Honored Contributor

Re: Status of boy thrown 39 feet at Mall Of America

[ Edited ]

@J Town Girl wrote:

What a blessing that he survived this horrendous act.   Hopefully, since he is so young his memory of this atrocity won't stay in his mind and affect him throughout his life.   

After all the news stories about this horrible act, I was at the mall this morning and saw many toddlers running around without their parents paying much attention to them.  They were too busy talking on their cell phones.   There was one mother who was walking so far ahead of her toddler daughter that I didn't even know they were together until she finally stopped and yelled for her to hurry up.   

It's actually amazing that more children aren't injured or kidnapped when you see such a blatant disregard for children's safety.  

When my son was young he wasn't allowed to let go of my hand at any time when we were out in public.   It only takes a second for a tragedy to happen.

@J Town Girl 

Yep I see the same thing at our malls too.....you would think after this tragedy parents would be extra diligent...NOPE....kids running wild, parents checking their phones or window shopping...oblivious....Woman Mad

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

It's true that it only takes a second for a tragedy to occur.

While some parents are too lax, something can happen regardless of vigilance. You can turn your head for a second, and your child is gone. It happened to me but with a favorable outcome. I can feel the panic just writing this so many years later.

My sympathy for anyone who has experienced this and especially to those who were not so lucky as I.

In the case at hand, I think that this mentally ill man was determined to kill someone no matter what.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Contributor

@cherry 

@cherry wrote:

The trauma to his psyche  may be horrible ,after such a heinous thing was done to him. The poor little guy has a rough road before him

This is so true, and the sad thing is that trauma has a nasty way of affecting more than just our minds. I am praying for God's mercy and grace for this boy and his family.

Esteemed Contributor

My friend who lives in Minnesota has friends and relatives connected to the Mayo Clinic in his town and has been keeping me apprised of the young boy's condition.  I heard from him today and yes, it has been stated that he suffered cranial and facial trauma in addition to broken bones.  Although he is expected to survive his total recovery time is extensive.

I can't mention what he said should happen to the perpetrator because it would be deleted, but if you use your imagination you probably can figure it out.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@J Town Girl wrote:

What a blessing that he survived this horrendous act.   Hopefully, since he is so young his memory of this atrocity won't stay in his mind and affect him throughout his life.   

After all the news stories about this horrible act, I was at the mall this morning and saw many toddlers running around without their parents paying much attention to them.  They were too busy talking on their cell phones.   There was one mother who was walking so far ahead of her toddler daughter that I didn't even know they were together until she finally stopped and yelled for her to hurry up.   

It's actually amazing that more children aren't injured or kidnapped when you see such a blatant disregard for children's safety.  

When my son was young he wasn't allowed to let go of my hand at any time when we were out in public.   It only takes a second for a tragedy to happen.

@J Town Girl 

Yep I see the same thing at our malls too.....you would think after this tragedy parents would be extra diligent...NOPE....kids running wild, parents checking their phones or window shopping...oblivious....Woman Mad

@Spurt  @J Town Girl, 

Excellent - I agree one hundred percent.

My little son was almost glued to my hip. 

I can not imagine what is in the minds of most of these mothers for their young treaures, also for the careful watch and teachings for each child of all ages growing up. 

NAES