Esteemed Contributor

How are they doing?  How's Georgia doing now that things are opening up again?  It pays to have some wide open spaces vs the highly populated areas in close quarters.  Think NYC.  

Would like to see some of the outlier states start to open things up slowly.  

Respected Contributor

Re: States that are opening up

[ Edited ]

We are gradually opening up in Florida. Beaches are open but with restrictions for distancing. Education teams from Parks & Rec greet all beach goers. Law enforcement patrols the areas     So far so good. BUT- Tampa Bay is expecting a huge influx this weekend. We'll see how that goes. I'm waiting a while. In other sectors, restaurants are allowed to have dine-in at 25% capacity and many are expanding their outdoor seating to accommodate the distancing regulation 

Harmonize the World
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well our Governor thinks that it is ok to let a dog get its hair cut and groomed, but not a woman.....More people here have died from the flu and pneumonia than from Corona yet we are prisoners.

Honored Contributor

I wonder if enough customers will choose to patronize the re-opened businesses to make it profitable.  And if there are enough people with disposable income to purchase goods and services.  

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political.

Honored Contributor

I think it's really too soon to tell isn't it?  Has Georgia been open even 2 weeks?  I've completely lost track of anything anymore.  LOL

Ohio just started to re-open on May 1st with a few more things opening May 4th.  More is supposed to open May 12th and the governor has said he will announce either today or tomorrow when restaurants, salons, barbershops can open.  

Dog groomers were able to open however, there are strict guidelines. It has to be appointment only and curbside service, meaning they come out and get your dog and take him/her inside and bring the dog back out.  I was going to make an appointment for my dog but now that they are talking about social distancing animals because of this, I'm not so sure I want to do that.  

Honored Contributor

Cases in NY and NJ are going down as expected. But cases outside NY and NJ are going up, as expected.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@SnooppI'm watching.  Watching what happens to those who live where social distancing is easier (can't believe it's ever easy).  Earlier this week I spoke with family that lives in the Finger Lakes area of upstate NY in a town almost always thinly populated this time of year.

They're seeing houses along their lake opening early and even though they don't socialize with those owners, they do shop with them, go to church with them, etc.  I'd say they were already skeptical at the very least.

I think we need some weeks to know whether the openings keep the worst aspects of this scourge where it's already been  -  I'm thinking healthcare facilities, prisons, factories where the worst numbers are from or will be see something idfferent.  I want to know that much before I'll be comfortable venturing much of anywhere.

Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

Cases in NY and NJ are going down as expected. But cases outside NY and NJ are going up, as expected.

I found it interesting that NY's governor recently stated that 66% of new coronavirus hospitalizations were people who were following lockdown rules.  

Honored Contributor

There was a physician last night on a national news program.  She worked in a New York hospital.  I did not catch her name.

Her opinion was that NY has peaked and they are now on the down swing.  However, she feels that the other states have not peaked yet and are going to see an increase in figures.  Is she right?  Who knows.

I only know that in Ohio, the actual data is not matching the models that are being presented which is making more and more people become weary of what is going on.