Esteemed Contributor

State of Ct 114 page report on Adam Lanza

Points out that the school,system continually allowed his mother's wishes to dictate the way in which he was dealt with. TThe school,system helped to accommodate and appease Nancy Lanza's desires when recommending treatment and course of care. He was categorized as intellectually gifted and much of his high,school,career catered to his needs when in fact testing indicated he had no more than average abilities. The only study that recommended against this accommodation based strategy was one by Yale University Child Study Center done when he was 14. They recommended extensive special education support, ongoing expert consultations and Rigorous therapeutic support be imbedded into his daily life. These recommendations went unheeded. in other words the school system went along with what his mother wanted to hear should be done.
Occasional Contributor

Re: State of Ct 114 page report on Adam Lanza

I have been convinced right along that Mrs. Lanza had a tenuous grasp on reality. She was as sick as her son, IMO, and I'm not saying it to be cruel.
Honored Contributor

I'm not surprised to hear that. She's just as guilty as he was.

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/23/2014 brii said:

She was more guilty. JMHO.

I read part of that report. He was allowed to stay in his room in total isolation for months. Ill fed and anorexic.

While I completely agree with her decision to not let a public school dictate your child's health care you should do it with an alternate plan in place. She had no plan other than to appease a child with serious mental health issues.

Valued Contributor

On 11/23/2014 Snowpuppy said:
On 11/23/2014 brii said:

She was more guilty. JMHO.

I read part of that report. He was allowed to stay in his room in total isolation for months. Ill fed and anorexic.

While I completely agree with her decision to not let a public school dictate your child's health care you should do it with an alternate plan in place. She had no plan other than to appease a child with serious mental health issues.

Yes, she was NO VICTIM in this tragedy. She was a co-conspirator.