Valued Contributor

Starting week 3 & still have kennel cough!

Well our little rescue is still having to be quarentined from the other furbabies. I am so sad for him but I have to say my DH & I are so totally exhausted from taking turns sitting with him, playing with him & just trying to keep him happy & not to feel like no one cares for him. But he stands & looks so longingly at the other dogs, like he wants so much to be with them. Trip to vet on Thursday & at least the vet said he thought the pup would be able to join the family in another week. Just breaks my heart. He doesnt cough hardly at all, really just sneezes some & sometimes when I first get him up from a nap he sounds like he has a little congestion. Oh if he gets really excited from running & playing he might cough a couple of times. So hope he gets better soon! Put him on a good food & a regular scedule. Little guy has gained 2 lbs! Friends came over, (they have no pets) he was playing with them just like he knew them all his little life! He is such a happy little boy! Loves everyone & loves attention! We take him for rides in the car & he really loves it. Oh the first day we took him for a ride in the car he got so depressed & just looked so sad. We talked to him & loved on him. When we got home & he saw we were back to his new home he perked up & was so happy! I wonder if the little guy thought we were going to take him back! So sad. Now when we go for a ride he is all happy & sits up & looks out the window at everything! He is such a wonderful boy I cant imagine any one abandoning this little one or not wanting him. Sure looking forward to getting back to normal!