Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd Thanks!  I'm leaning towards not going for now and maybe rescheduling later either in the summer or early fall.  Of course south Florida in the summer isn't fun then one has to worry about hurricanes too.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox  if you are concerned about your health, maybe you could delay your trip. If you do decide to go, just do what you can wiping down your area with disinfecting wipes. Good luck, have a safe trip.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox   Yes, it is critical that we are kind and not become alarmists.  We can calmly decide what is best for ourselves.  We have been told what to consider (and our immunity is determined by diet/sleep/exercise/stress as well as current medical conditions).  I don't believe it is smart to just ignore the warnings... we don't want to be fatalists and go about our business as if this virus is not a reality.  On the other hand, being an alarmist and wringing our hands does not help either.  Balance...taking common precautions, a positive frame of mind, and then going about our daily lives is how we are moving through this challenge.  

You are smart to consider your plans.  Sending you lots of kind thoughts, knowing you will take the very best care of yourself and your family.

Honored Contributor

Personally, I would not fly right now, nor put myself in any situation that puts me in close proximity to crowds of people or international travelers, but that's just me.

I would rather err on the side of caution myself.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

We like to travel but have decided to stay home for now and see what happens.

@I am still oxoxWith your health problems I would stay home.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox 

I have COPD and DH has an auto-immune disease, no way we would fly right now.

It can't be that important that you take the chance and fly right now, is it?

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Re: Starting to Panic

[ Edited ]

If it were me, I would most definitely not go.  I would worry so much that I couldn't have a good time, even if I didn't get sick.

Maybe this is a year to just enjoy being cozy at home.  

My son and DIL are supposed to go to Ireland in May, and my granddaughter to Paris.  Don't know what they plan to do.

Valued Contributor

Re: Starting to Panic

[ Edited ]

Hi @I am still oxox  I saw on our News 12 Westchester, that Westchester County airport officials are wiping down surfaces etc and passengers are taking precautions with wipes, and  masks. As of today, they said haven't had any issues reported. If I see anything will find you here... Its a smaller airport as you know without international flights that's the good there,  its just how comfortable and prepared you feel going to Florida at this time. Pefsonally, i would be wary of close quarters on a plane at the moment. Maybe check with the doctor who treated you with the pneumonia to help you decide?  

Honored Contributor

If I were you, I'd delay it.  

I'm 61, in good health, and have postponed a late March trip.  At this point, I'd only travel by plane for a family emergency.  

My children are in their early 30's and usually travel for their jobs. All of this is on hold for now.  

Respected Contributor

Go & have a wonderful time.