Valued Contributor

@Junker2327  We go to St. Augustine every other year for a week. Stay on the beach and have a blast playing tourist in their downtown and historic areas. 

We've already cancelled. 

We were scheduled to leave April 6th, and I had been counting down the days so looking forward to it.

A very dear old friend that I haven't seen in ten years called me Sunday and invited me to meet him in Vegas. I wanted to go soooo badly. I've missed him, and frankly could use the sunshine and spice that trip could have been!

I have too many risk factors though, and in both cases it was the smart decision for my own health. What a bummer.

As someone else said though, this will eventually pass and St. A. and Vegas will still be there.  

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

Wise decision to postpone @I am still oxox . 

Valued Contributor

@SunSprite wrote:

@Junker2327  We go to St. Augustine every other year for a week. Stay on the beach and have a blast playing tourist in their downtown and historic areas. 

We've already cancelled. 

We were scheduled to leave April 6th, and I had been counting down the days so looking forward to it.

A very dear old friend that I haven't seen in ten years called me Sunday and invited me to meet him in Vegas. I wanted to go soooo badly. I've missed him, and frankly could use the sunshine and spice that trip could have been!

I have too many risk factors though, and in both cases it was the smart decision for my own health. What a bummer.

As someone else said though, this will eventually pass and St. A. and Vegas will still be there.  

@SunSprite  I'm so sorry you had to cancel your trip, but as you said they will still be there when all of this passes and it WILL pass eventually, just don't when yet. Stay safe friend. I'm so glad you are using your best judgment!! I only wish others would do the same. I think what is eventually going to happen is the government will stop all airline travel (unless its an emergency, etc) and cruise travel at the very least as its NOT necessary. This is of course my opinion, but I think that it will eventually come to that. I don't know why they haven't stopped people coming from other countires already, but maybe there is some innocent reason for it, I don't know. Just doesn't make any sense to continue to allow people from these other infected countries to arrive here and keep spreading it!! Grr...

I am just trying to have faith that our government will do what they need to do to keep us as safe as possible. I know we all have to do our part which includes hand-washing and basic disinfecting, etc...it also though falls to people to use good judgment and NOT travel anywhere unless it's NECESSARY. I promise wherever you're going will still be there when all of this passes. WHY take a chance right now, even if you're not sick (showing symptoms) you could still be spreading it and not know it. 

It's obvious that there are MANY MANY more cases than are being reported here in the U.S. -- it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. Not everyone will get tested or even show symptoms for that matter, BUT they CAN/WILL spread it!! I fear that the government may end up having to do what Italy has done and do a MANDATORY quarantine. What is sad about that, is that if people would just use common sense and avoid NON-NECESSARY travel to ANYWHERE, that is a very big first step in trying to contain this. Then it just falls on basic cleanliness to avoid further spreading of the virus.

Sorry I got on a rant lol...can you tell my anxiety is in overdrive? :-( Not fun at all. I have terrible anxiety without this virus going on, so I'm just really going crazy here. I'm really trying very hard to just stay positive, but as another posted had mentioned if they do enforce a mandatory quarantine, if I don't work I don't have food, a place to live, utilities, etc...Like that is not even an option for me. I have NO savings, nothing. I literally live paycheck to as I joke 4 days before my next paycheck. It's all these what-if's that are maddening to me.

I am thinking about ALL of us and I just hope/pray that everyone stays safe, uses their best judgment for their situation and this too shall pass. Hopefully sooner rather than later.. HUGS to all!!

~ Hope in TN ~