Esteemed Contributor

Starting Day 4 Of My News Blackout.

Last Friday I decided to back away from the news and regain what sanity I have left. LOL

Today starts the 4th full day of not listening to all the BS being tossed around and I can say it has helped a lot.  I don't want to throw a shoe at the TV during every newscast.

Last night my daughter was on the computer and suddenly said  #$%^$# what the h*ll is wrong with people believing this krap.

I held up my hand and said, "I don't want to hear it.  If they find an asteroid streaking toward us let me know, otherwise don't tell me anything until I say it's ok. I'm on a news fast."

I'm going until this Friday and then maybe watch in small doses.  If I get where I want to punch a face, I'll stop again.  (I have never hit anyone in my life and never would)

I have gotten 5 drawers cleaned out and read a book I've had for weeks.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Starting Day 4 Of My News Blackout.

@CrazyKittyLvr2  I did that months ago when our local news was nothing except news from NY and NJ.  I do not live in either place, and this was also a  major complaint from my friends and neighbors.  I do get news feeds from all over the world, so I do keep up with what is happening.  I especially dislike political slanting, either way, and our local news has really disappointed me in that regard.  I am smart enough to read between the lines, but I really don't want to; therefore, news from other sources.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

I haven't watched the news in months.

Day after day, the same ol' depressing ¶∆^π.

Enough!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Good for you..I could never give up the news for a period of time.

I listen to / read  my trusted sources and don't get overwhelmed with to many talking heads.

Honored Contributor

If I let my husband it would be on 24 hours a day.  If he gets up and leave the living room, I plant myself in there, grab the remote and change it.

I watch less than 1 hour a day and it's really not even what I would call news.  I don't watch local, I don't watch national, I don't watch weather.  It's been that way for years now, best thing I ever did.

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  I stopped watching the news in June. Do not miss it! My husband watches and stays informed...that's enough.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's much better to get the truth from other sources than listen to the lying newscasters and guests brainwashing the masses everyday...many who believe everything they are told.

I must keep up on what's going on, use reliable websites that have proven to be trustworthy over time.

Respected Contributor

If you want peace, you need to seek the things that bring it and turn away from the things that don't. Works for me!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I stopped watching news regularly a while ago, because the daily briefings of serious subject matter, and negativity was affecting me psychosocially, but I didn't realize it. Several concerned family members lovingly pointed it out.❤ Now, I tune in just enough to stay abreast of current events.😊

At the onset of the pandemic, I was almost glued to the television, and "trusted" news sources.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Super Contributor

@CelticCrafter @If it's not local or national, what do you watch for an hour?  Just curious.