Honored Contributor

Re: Started the semi-annual closet switch!

@Meowingkitty wrote:

I'm so glad I don't have to switch clothes over for seasons. If we're lucky come November it will be cool enough to wear long pants and a long sleeved shirt. A hoodie for December and January. In Arizona we wear the same clothes year round. If we get cold we put on a sweatshirt.

@Meowingkitty     Gonna be 110° by the end of the week in PHX.....I'm just hoping the power stays on.........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

Most of the clothing seems doable for the switch, but the shoes and coats, that’s a pain to switch.  I’ll do coats slowly.  

Trusted Contributor

I live in PA, but I have not switched closets in years.  I live in rent and have no place to put those " stored" clothes.  Everything I own fits in one small closet and on a hanging rack upstairs. I separate tops by color and sleeve length, which makes finding tops easy.  I separate pants by fabric.  I have a tiny coat closet in my living room that has three heavier coats and two lighter weight ones. I also keep gloves, hats, and boots in that closet. I learned the last time I moved to eliminate lots of extra " stuff" and now purge throughout the year. I actually now can see what I have and avoid buying too much.  So, I remember switching closets, but I no longer engage in the seasonal ritual. 

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

When clothing is too big, it's easier to let it go than deciding what to keep or donate when everything fits. In the past, I've donated clothes, shoes I later wished I'd kept. Then I go shopping trying to find replacements that never seem to exist.

Esteemed Contributor

i don't switch closets anymore....too much arthritis...not enough energy.....

Honored Contributor

As of last night - I filled five bags for Goodwill - and I didn't even finish one closet! 

The rain stopped .... the sun came out ... and I figured I might as well take a walk over to the Goodwill Box.  I can only manage 3 bags at t time ....

Bright blue sky with some puffy white clouds - and soooo hot and soooo humid!  It was a good walk and I needed it after being indoors all day yesterday!

Surprised when I got there!  The box was filled almost to the brim.  (Ran into one of my friends who mentioned that she dropped off two bags the other day!)

In one of the bags is my last "real silk" Bob Mackie jacket that I had for years.  

So many things I loved to wear .... I hope whoever gets them next enjoys them as much as I did. 

I'll start on "phase II" tomorrow and tackle the rest of that closet.