Honored Contributor

Started the semi-annual closet switch!

I'm a week early for the switch - but I figured since I had to dispose of so many items (too big) ... that I'd start early and drop off the bags at Goodwill - a couple at a time.

Went through all the pants, sweaters and shoes - filled three bags. 

I'll pace myself through the week and hope to finish by Labor Day.

Looking through some of the shoes on-air-today - they look a lot like the shoes that I bought a couple of years ago shoe-booties and ankle boots.  They didnt get much wear - so I'm good for another year on shoes.

Honored Contributor

Re: Started the semi-annual closet switch!

That's a couple of months away for me.  And then, I end up with Sterlite bins at the foot of my bed for a couple of months in case it turns hot again after the switch.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lucky for me, I'm in MA and we have another month of summer weather.  Perhaps a bit  longer if we are lucky.  Then it's that transition period.  It's not Fall weather until late October.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm so glad I don't have to switch clothes over for seasons. If we're lucky come November it will be cool enough to wear long pants and a long sleeved shirt. A hoodie for December and January. In Arizona we wear the same clothes year round. If we get cold we put on a sweatshirt.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I enjoy the clothes switch. It is the time when I can also purge things I haven't worn for a while. I try to get rid of something every time I make a new purchase, so the closets usually remain pretty stable as far as space. But the semiannual switch of seasonal clothes have always been something I enjoyed. Usually have things to give away, which brings me joy too. 

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty Same here in southern Florida.  From my long northern life, I have kept a winter jacket and a scarf as well as several pairs of gloves.    Still have some long, dark pants but nothing wool or lined any more and no wool blazers.  I have kept some of my favorite sweaters, too, but some years I might get to wear several but rarely all so one of these days.....

Right now my reason for watching the calendar is to get to the peak of hurricane season in mid to late September and hope for nothing strong as the season moves along the down slope to what passes for winter around here.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I'm a week early for the switch - but I figured since I had to dispose of so many items (too big) ... that I'd start early and drop off the bags at Goodwill - a couple at a time.

Went through all the pants, sweaters and shoes - filled three bags. 

I'll pace myself through the week and hope to finish by Labor Day.

Looking through some of the shoes on-air-today - they look a lot like the shoes that I bought a couple of years ago shoe-booties and ankle boots.  They didnt get much wear - so I'm good for another year on shoes.

@ALRATIBA I have started too but won't finish by Labor Day.  There's too much hot weather left here to do that. 

Honored Contributor

Too early to start the switch.  Mid to late September is about my timeframe.

Esteemed Contributor

It is going to be in the 90's by mid-week here in NYC, so for me it is too early to switch out the clothes.  As much as I love fall, I usually do it around mid-September.  I did make up a bag of summer clothes that I no longer wear to donate tomorrow.

Respected Contributor

I do More rotaringRe: Started the semi-annual closet switch!

I do more switching around than anything else, but too early for me.  Everything  at my finger tips.  I use those zipper clear front  containers I purchased from QVC for sweaters and sweats and stuff and on shelf in closet.   

Only takes a few hours to do and then I move stuff out as well for donations.  Got rid of several bags in the spring and summer. Purchased lots new this summer.

My fall and my winter clothes are in good shape and not buying any new this year.  I have some yet to wear and same with summer stuff.

I do like playing in my closet. Fun to organize and go through stuff.