Honored Contributor

Re: Starbucks fans, especially in or near Chicago

Thanks for posting the pictures.  I believe this place will be a hit.  If there was something like this where I live I would go.  We have starbucks here in Reno and they are always busy.  When I lived in San Diego there were always lines out the door. I go once in a while for a tall nofat Latte.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

a shot of the exterior:

Honored Contributor

I'm not at all a Starbucks fan but if happened to be in Chicago, I'd definitely check it out.  As a tourist attraction.  

Honored Contributor

I can't wait to see this! 

It's going to be one busy and popular place. 

Esteemed Contributor

This Starbucks is about a lot more than COFFEE. I'm sure Howard Schultz knows what he's doing. I'm in California --- but wish I could be there.

Esteemed Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

a shot of the exterior:

Oh my gosh, this is huge. It looks like an office building. I am curious how Starbucks will manage all the issues that come with the territory. 

I had to go to Warby Parker a few weeks ago. There is a Whole Foods across the street and because they have a parking ramp, we parked there and stopped in for a quick bite at their food bar. My husband went to use the restroom and came back to the table for our receipt. He had to use a code on the receipt to unlock the restroom door. 

For all I know this might be commonplace. And I wouldn't know because I try my hardest to NEVER use public restrooms. There was also uniformed security at the entrance. Quite a difference from one Whole Foods to another in the city in which I live, but my point being I wonder how security will be handled at this new Starbucks.

Respected Contributor

@kivah wrote:

This Starbucks is about a lot more than COFFEE. I'm sure Howard Schultz knows what he's doing. I'm in California --- but wish I could be there.

So true.

Massive advertising for the brand.

We will be there Thanksgiving weekend. 

Honored Contributor

This is amazing.  I'm happy with a cup of instant Folgers, but if Starbucks aficionados support this then more power to them!

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy glorious but when I go for coffee with friends I prefer quiet and cozy so we can chat.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr  I love Folger's instant too!  Tried brewing coffee for myself.  Prefer the taste of instant!  As far as Starbuck's, the few times I've been there and ordered just a plain coffee, I felt like a freak but I refuse to pay $4+ for coffee--LOL!!!

I'll be visiting this place because I'm interested in architecture and it's in my neighborhood.