Respected Contributor

Re: Starbucks Price Increase

Not something I do often, but I do like their Caramel Macchiato....hot or cold.

Esteemed Contributor

@MorningLover 

While I am not one that frequents this coffee shop, my wife is the opposite. Gotta have her fix, be it hot in the cold weather, cold drink in the warmer weather. 

She spends her money how she chooses, as do I. I prefer my instant Folgers to this brand for my mug of coffee. While I have had their high dollar straight coffee, for me my instant tastes a whole lot better for pennies a cup.

Along with other prices raising for several different reasons, it should only be expected it would effect these, to me, overpriced cups of coffee(?) 

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

I like Starbucks coffee and will occasionally buy them even if prices do increase. I can't stand instant coffee; it's like water, only plain water is better. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

I always brew my coffee at home but if I do go out for it, I give my business to the little private owned coffee stands. I like  to give them my business since I'm not a Starbuck fan but I think prices are going up at all of them. 

Honored Contributor

@speedy girl wrote:

I always brew my coffee at home but if I do go out for it, I give my business to the little private owned coffee stands. I like  to give them my business since I'm not a Starbuck fan but I think prices are going up at all of them. 

@speedy girl   Same here.  Although the only time we drink coffee outside the home is when we eat out, which is very seldom.

The first time I had a Starbucks coffee it was the last time, although grandson likes a frappacino so we have had a few with him.  Still not a fan.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

I've cut way back on drinking coffee. I brew a pot of coffee in the morning and that's it for the day. I drink more water thoughout the day. 

I've been a Starbucks coffee drinker for years but I've been weaning myself off of it. In the past year I started buying Costco's Kirkland House Blend. I wasn't sure if I liked it but I've gotten use to it. I do mix Kirkland House Blend with a small amount of Starbucks Cafe Verona or Sumatra added to it. Smiley Wink  Buying less Starbucks and saving more bucks!

KS House Blend Coffee, Medium Roast, Whole Bean, 2.5 lbs
 Kirkland Signature coffee roasted by Starbucks
Esteemed Contributor

I make my own Medium Roast with a little sugar and a touch of regular cream, pour in my Yeti and delicious.

Starbuck lines are crazy long in my area. 

Valued Contributor

I love Starbuck's fraps. But I bought the 3-can set of Frozen Bean floavours from QVC and make my own fraps now. I can add ice creme or just use ice. They may not be entirely healthy but when it's warm out, they sure taste good.

Respected Contributor

There's one price increase that won't affect me.  Have never been to Starbucks except one hotel where that was the only option.

Esteemed Contributor

Prices are going up everywhere.  Starbucks is a luxury, one that may be pricing themselves out of business.  Have stopped a handful of times, did not like their coffee.  For those who enjoy it, hope you can continue to afford them.  On the flip side perhaps those long lines will get shorter.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.