Honored Contributor

Starbucks Order by App, Pay and Pickup

[ Edited ]

It seems like every time I go into a SB store, I see drinks ready for pickup, having been prepaid for, that have melting ice in them, or melted whipped cream in them, or some other thing about them that makes them totally UNappealing.   They have obviously been sitting there for more than a few minutes waiting for their customers to arrive and pick them up.  YUK.   No thanks.  I'd much rather use the drive-through and get the drink freshly made.   

SB drinks are not cheap, and a drink full of melting ice in it (or some other such thing, sitting around ready for pick-up)  is sooooo not worth the price!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Starbucks Order by App, Pay and Pickup

i always order by app, but i place my order when i’m like 5 minutes away. they’re usually still making it by the time i get there, which i prefer. yeah, i too have seen drinks just sitting there. 

Honored Contributor

I've ordered by app when I'm sitting in my car in the parking lot.  Then I just go in and they're usually making it.  I've only done that when they've given you extra stars for ordering by the app.  I go through the drive-thru unless I'm meeting someone for coffee.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee I agree with you.

Honored Contributor

My daughter pre orders by phone app all the time, but we are just 8 miles from SB.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We use the service all the time.  Especially when we're travelling, we find the next one coming up, order ahead and then swoop in for a quick pickup, lol.  DH, who is my copilot, has even figured out how long in advance to order so that my latte is the perfect drinking temp when we get it! He's great with directions and maps  and a great iPhone DJ - best copilot ever!

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

It seems like every time I go into a SB store, I see drinks ready for pickup, having been prepaid for, that have melting ice in them, or melted whipped cream in them, or some other thing about them that makes them totally UNappealing.   They have obviously been sitting there for more than a few minutes waiting for their customers to arrive and pick them up.  YUK.   No thanks.  I'd much rather use the drive-through and get the drink freshly made.   

SB drinks are not cheap, and a drink full of melting ice in it (or some other such thing, sitting around ready for pick-up)  is sooooo not worth the price!

We have a SB in each of our primary grocery stores and a free standing SB all in the same extended shopping area.  What frequently happens is that the order is placed with the wrong SB.  It happened at our clinic.  Despite me telling the girl where to go she went to the wrong store.  By the time she called me, went to the right store it was cold.  They were understanding and made the three drinks again. 

We dont have a drive thru in our county.  Wish we did.

Respected Contributor

I order and pay in app several times a week. I time my order so it’s fresh when I get there.
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee

I don’t see any advantage to ordering ahead by app. I’m driving and don’t use my phone when I’m driving anyway.