Honored Contributor

Re: Starbucks' Cup Controversy

This is so inconsequential that it's not worthy of debate or discussion.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

This is so inconsequential that it's not worthy of debate or discussion.

LOL - you just discussed it!

Respected Contributor

LOL!  Customers ticked off because there aren't any little snowmen & snowflakes to color in?

Honored Contributor

The business world does not owe special treatment to those of us who are Christian. 

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

@morning glory wrote:

i heard they were designed by Donald Trump.

I thought he was behind the "war on hair" not Christmas. Lol

Respected Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

The business world does not owe special treatment to those of us who are Christian. 

I usually take my own mug to use & don't go there all that much.  But, from vague recollections of what they've done in past years, they never had a Christian theme design, did they?  Nothing like crosses, images of Jesus or Mary, anything like that?  If that's the case, then their past designs have just been "winter holiday" themes & the plain red cup fits with that school of thought.  JMHO

Honored Contributor

wow it must be nice to have nothing else going on in your life than to a.) pay that much attention to a stupid coffee cup and then b.) complain about it. I don't know, I have enough other things to stress over that are much more significant and possibly life threatening than to have time to worry about a coffee cup. I don't think God cares what the cup looks like that we drink our coffee out of, pretty sure he has bigger fish to fry.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I honestly don't remember, VCamp.  I think they were just snow themes and the like, nothing religious.

... just looked, apparently Starbucks 2014 had a snowflake theme.  Sorry folks, but there were no snowflakes at the actual birth.

Honored Contributor

Doing an image check, I also see a reindeer cup, a bird on a cup and what looks like a freeform gold swirl.  Nothing religious.

Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

I honestly don't remember, VCamp.  I think they were just snow themes and the like, nothing religious.

... just looked, apparently Starbucks 2014 had a snowflake theme.  Sorry folks, but there were no snowflakes at the actual birth.

lol!