Honored Contributor

Re: Stagnant water: has anyone else thought of this?

@violann 

Our archdiocese (and our parish) sent out info latter part of last week.  It covers a large geographic area - urban and suburban areas.  So - there are different plans and timing for different situations. 

Churches will set aside sections for families to sit together (parents & kids) - no social distancing.

They wll be single seating  marked out with separation. 

Masks will be required.  

If I recall, I think Cardinal Dolan said there would be 30% capacity.  Our church seats 700 ... so that's around 200.  St. Patricks seating is 2500.  

Honored Contributor

I think you are exactly right and hope the local health debts will be on top of this. Many restaurants turned off their utilities because they could not afford to keep them on while closed, so they should be dealing with that right now since they are staring to reopen many of them.
Valued Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
I think you are exactly right and hope the local health debts will be on top of this. Many restaurants turned off their utilities because they could not afford to keep them on while closed, so they should be dealing with that right now since they are staring to reopen many of them.

Could be why some businesses will be paying their employees hazard pay....since many don't want to show up at all. A premium ontop of their regular pay.  

Honored Contributor

I would think big stores and hotels have probably kept their a/c and most other utilities on since this all began. cutting off power can result in some new problems, as many of you who have dealt with extended power outages know.
Honored Contributor

OH my goodness!  Have any of you ever bought a house that by the time you moved in had sat for 3 months?  Did you know movie stars go away on location for months?

Houses sit for months all the time and people are not falling over in droves when they move in.

To paraphrase an old quote from a movie we're afraid of the elastic in our underwear now.   Not playing down the seriousness of diseases and this virus, but must we go looking for things like this?