Esteemed Contributor

Stage Stores (Peebles, Gordmans, etc.) files for chap 11 bankruptcy protection

And it looks like another may bite the dust.  They're looking for a buyer, but will start winding down in the meantime.

One Peebles here closed earlier this year; another was converted to a Gordman's.  Their first day of business was the day the state shut down.

The Stage family of stores includes Palais Royal, Bealls and Goodys, in addition to the two mentioned above.

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

Re: Stage Stores (Peebles, Gordmans, etc.) files for chap 11 bankruptcy protection

So sorry to hear this.  My city had a Stage store but it closed many years ago.  I enjoyed shopping there.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Trusted Contributor

Re: Stage Stores (Peebles, Gordmans, etc.) files for chap 11 bankruptcy protection

[ Edited ]

Stage Stores have been in one stage of bankruptcy or another for many years, it seems. Our Stage/Peebles/Goody's/Gordmans store never really goes away, though. Yes, the same physical store has gone by all those names in our mall over the last 35 years. 

ETA:  Since buying out Gordmans, and converting many stores to that name, now STAGE, but not Gordmans, is declaring bankruptcy. 

Esteemed Contributor

That figures. We were suppose to be getting a Gordmans. I hate to hear about more stores possibly going under. 

Honored Contributor

That was a bad mistake they made buying Bealls that was also struggling....they didnt learn anything from Sears which bought struggling K-Mart...and look at the mess they are in...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”