Esteemed Contributor

Tucked away by mama at our back door this morning!!!!  Sorry the picture isn't better, but did not open door to get a better one.

18982.jpeg

A little education...mama will often tuck babies away somewhere they feel they will be safe while mama goes out to forage.  The fawns will often be left along for up to 10-12 hours before mama comes back.  They are perfectly fine during this time and have not been abandoned.  

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

Re: Squeeeeeeee!

[ Edited ]

@MamaWick  😍The blessings of new life!  Congratulations on your newest granddeer!

I hope you won't use that back door.  I know I wouldn't.  

Of course the doe tucked her fawn safely next to your home. She knows that it is a safe and happy place!

I wonder if it was one of the does from yesterday.  🥰

Welcome to the world little one. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

Re: Squeeeeeeee!

[ Edited ]

Well, of course that mom knew very well this was the safest place to be @MamaWick  and Papa Wick's! Such a beautiful sight!

It must have been all you could do to restrain yourself from going out to give a great big squeee hug and kiss!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@luvzchizI always get a smile out of your "bambis" and now "grandeer"-so cute!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Oh WOW!  What a level of trust that Mom has in you.   Quite the compliment from the doe.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

Wanna gently kiss sweet baby's head. Heart

Respected Contributor
Omg.. I can’t believe your post! I would have been shocked to see that outside my door. Like another poster said- quite the compliment to u @MamaWick from the Mama Doe!
Respected Contributor

Thank you, I learned something new today MamaWick.

I can't think of a higher compliment than the mother trusting you with her baby.

Enjoy every moment of her "visit"...Just beautiful.

Honored Contributor

What a beautiful delicate Bambi!!!!  I am sure the mom will keep it safe and sound while she is looking for food.  Of course leaving the lovely Bambi at the Wick's says much, there is lots of kindness, trust and love at the Wick Haven and the forest friends sense and know that. New life, nature's gifts.

Trusted Contributor

Most of you probably know but newborn fawns don't have a scent so predators aren't easily drawn to them.  Plus when placed somewhere like Mama Wick's they're extra safe.