Honored Contributor

I despise the stuff, we go to a town pool and you can smell the fumes from someone using it across the pool. I have asthma and I know its not good for my lungs and I am sure it is not good for the environment either

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox  I love the one I use.  alba Botanica FRAGRANCE FREE sensitive sunscreen.  SPF 50.  I bought it at Target last year and it expires January 2020.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox 

I read somewhere that it is dangerous for your lungs...the film can coatthem.I don’t know why people don’t l8ke to rub lotion into their sk8n but rather they are inhaling it as they apply.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@I am still oxox 

I read somewhere that it is dangerous for your lungs...the film can coatthem.I don’t know why people don’t l8ke to rub lotion into their sk8n but rather they are inhaling it as they apply.

@dex .

I don't mind rubbing it in, but there are areas I can't reach like my back.  I used to use a combination of cream and spray.

Honored Contributor

My brother who had lung cancer would suffer when he was around anyone who used spray sun screen.  It would blow down wind and cause him great pain.

They should ban that stuff as too dangerous.  It can't be good for anyone to breath.

Honored Contributor

They should spray very close to their skin and still rub in.

Honored Contributor

@dex  Any spray bottles or most have fumes like hair spray, furniture polish and I am 69 and still breathing.  Plus you should always spray away from your face.  I would think hair spray is the biggest offender yet women use it.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 @you are right but the people who use hairsprsy do it in their bathroom at home.The people spraying sun lotion are all over the beach or pool. ..hard to svoid the fumes for those who have sensitivities or lung damage.

Honored Contributor

@dex  I guess because mine is fragrance free, I do not have a clue as to how the other spray smells.  I no longer go to the beach or swimmng pool.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

If you have lung problems the spray has emollients in it that when inhaled make breathing more difficult and over time can build up in your lungs too.I have a friend who has lung damage and she can’t breath if someone sprays the tanning lotion even without a scent.