Honored Contributor

Sport's Authority closing all 460 stores

Sale starts in stores tomorrow. The article did not mention if the sale is for online purchases also.

I put this post in Community since the store's items fall into many categories. 

Happy shopping for anyone interested😊

Honored Contributor

Re: Sport's Authority closing all 460 stores

We have a new mini mall going up in my neighborhood, and they were supposed to have a store there, hope someone else takes the lease.

Respected Contributor

That's too bad. We've shopped at Sports Authority a lot over the years.
Honored Contributor

Everytime I see the name "Sports Authority" it reminds me that our NFL football stadium is looking to change it's name because it's call Sports Authority Stadium. That being said, the new name is rumored to be "Native Roots Stadium" and the logo a marijuana leaf in full display!  Smiley Surprised

Valued Contributor

Such a shame. I hate to hear this.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, &it will be interesting to see what the new name will be for the Denver Broncos home stadium. Right now it's Sports Authority at Mile High Stadium.  Yeah, lots of jokes about that "mile high" part, ever since rec mj became legal here.

A word to the wise shopper:  this is a liquidation sale & the contractor wants to get as much $$ as they can.  So prices may or may not reflect a real bargain.  3-4 years ago, a home goods store here went out of business & had a liquidation sale.  Local tv channel's investigative reporter went to the store & found lower prices on the tags u

under the sale price tags in some cases.  

Honored Contributor

@DoneTryin wrote:

Yes, &it will be interesting to see what the new name will be for the Denver Broncos home stadium. Right now it's Sports Authority at Mile High Stadium.  Yeah, lots of jokes about that "mile high" part, ever since rec mj became legal here.

A word to the wise shopper:  this is a liquidation sale & the contractor wants to get as much $$ as they can.  So prices may or may not reflect a real bargain.  3-4 years ago, a home goods store here went out of business & had a liquidation sale.  Local tv channel's investigative reporter went to the store & found lower prices on the tags u

under the sale price tags in some cases.  

yes Liquidation sale prices are never that great at first, and some brands may not even be included or may be taken out before the sale begins.  I may check it out later, 

Honored Contributor

Thanks for this.

I get my boxing shorts, boxing tops & boxing robes from them.  I wear these as my pjs in the summer.

Now I better stock up before they close for good.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Everytime I see the name "Sports Authority" it reminds me that our NFL football stadium is looking to change it's name because it's call Sports Authority Stadium. That being said, the new name is rumored to be "Native Roots Stadium" and the logo a marijuana leaf in full display!  Smiley Surprised

I think that would be appropriate - Native Roots at Mile High Stadium.  Wonder if there's any chance of it happening.

Honored Contributor

I don't think I've ever heard of this store.