Honored Contributor

Re: Sponsors dropping The View

It looks like they're doing damage control today by inviting some nurses on.

I still don't know what all the hoopla is.  What I saw was a comments session about the pageant.  They hadn't watch the real pageant so a picture of the contestant nurse was shown on a screen.  (I say on here yesterday it was a clip until I read an article that corrected me).  Looking at the picture, they didn't know what was going on so they started making jokes about a contestant dressed so oddly.  I never heard them say anything bad about nurses, just that what kind of talent was she doing, dressed as a nurse.  

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I watched it for the first time in a long time yesterday.  It was the first time I had seen the new crew.  Not impressed.

CCB was not on yesterday, but I won't be watching anything she's on.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would think that the sponsors are not pulling out because of what Joy said per se. They are pulling out because nurses as a group, and their friends and families, represent a pretty large group of people nationally. Sponsors are leery of pi**ing off large segments of the product-buying public. 

And it could also be that advertisers are using the opportunity to bail from an ever-rapidly sinking ship that they might have wanted to get away from regardless. It's not like sponsoring this show is raking in the bucks for sponsors. I'm sure they have better markets to advertise in.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Thank goodness Law and Order is on at every hour of  the day

Respected Contributor

I agree-stupid show the few times I have seen bits and pieces. Joy Behar is an idiot.-jmho

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with you all ... the View has to go. ...... On another note ABC just introduced FabLife ... it is so much worse than the View .... Hope the ratings are bad and FabLifegets cancelled fast!

Honored Contributor

@January121 wrote:

I agree with you all ... the View has to go. ...... On another note ABC just introduced FabLife ... it is so much worse than the View .... Hope the ratings are bad and FabLifegets cancelled fast!

From the promos I've seen for Fab Life, I wouldn't even look at it for the cringe factor. Not even 5 min.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

It looks like they're doing damage control today by inviting some nurses on.

I still don't know what all the hoopla is.  What I saw was a comments session about the pageant.  They hadn't watch the real pageant so a picture of the contestant nurse was shown on a screen.  (I say on here yesterday it was a clip until I read an article that corrected me).  Looking at the picture, they didn't know what was going on so they started making jokes about a contestant dressed so oddly.  I never heard them say anything bad about nurses, just that what kind of talent was she doing, dressed as a nurse.  

A smart move, this show is on life support.

Esteemed Contributor

The View should have been canceled over a year ago. There have been far too many problems, far too many attempts to bring unfriendly women together...just one big mess. The various disagreements would not have been so prominent if the show was working, but it has not worked for far too long. They need to STOP!

Esteemed Contributor

Good for the Sponsors!   Probably agreed that Joy was a liability because of her monsterous loud mouth and ugliness.  Woof!   Woof !

Male nurses need to cme out as well as the doctors and slam her for being such an ugly female. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust