Honored Contributor

Re: Sponsors dropping The View

@Greenhouse wrote:

I think the show will fold but as others suggested, the controversy might be used as an excuse to dump a show with plummeting ratings for other reasons. 

I'm never home to watch it on a regular basis, and the entire genre of this type of show holds no interest for me, but I have watched when off work for a few minutes here and there, mostly when BW was still there. She at least kept it from totally jumping the shark.

At this point, with the revolving talentless and clueless hosts here one week and gone the next, there doesn't seem to be any point to it (literally). It's just a group of  women chosen randomly and tokenly who open mouth, spew inanity, and embarrass themselves on national TV in the desperate hope the ratings stay high enough not to get them dumped.

I said early in this thread that I thought sponsors might appreciate being able to use the controversy to bail from the show. Lucky for them they got the opportunity ;-)

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Preds wrote:

I think the sponsors were looking for a reason to scamble off a sinking ship.  Perfect opportunity to jump and come out smelling like a rose to some.  Can't blame them.  Smiley Happy

That was exactly my thought in my post earlier on this thread.  So you are agreeing?

@Pearlee wrote:

Of course I haven't read the contract that the advertisers have with The View, but I really do suspect that some of the advertisers are using Behar's remarks to bail on the show because of low ratings - that they otherwise couldn't get out of their contract but for some language in it about being able to pull out of the contract for something offensive happening on the show.  I'm thinking this incident is an excuse the advertisers are using to abandon a sinking ship and still not break their contract.

Didn't catch your post, but YEP, I'm agree.  Smiley Happy

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Greenhouse wrote:

I think the show will fold but as others suggested, the controversy might be used as an excuse to dump a show with plummeting ratings for other reasons. 

I'm never home to watch it on a regular basis, and the entire genre of this type of show holds no interest for me, but I have watched when off work for a few minutes here and there, mostly when BW was still there. She at least kept it from totally jumping the shark.

At this point, with the revolving talentless and clueless hosts here one week and gone the next, there doesn't seem to be any point to it (literally). It's just a group of  women chosen randomly and tokenly who open mouth, spew inanity, and embarrass themselves on national TV in the desperate hope the ratings stay high enough not to get them dumped.

I said early in this thread that I thought sponsors might appreciate being able to use the controversy to bail from the show. Lucky for them they got the opportunity ;-)

My thoughts exactly

Honored Contributor

@Greenhouse wrote:

I think so too.

New Contributor

Glad to hear this.  Kudos to the sponsors that are pulling their ads.

Ignorant comments were made by these "ladies' on the View.  Maybe the network will take note and finally cancel that show.

Respected Contributor

I missed it live, so I googled the original statement by Joy.

Personally, I really don't think she was making fun of nurses......but making a joke about what the contestant chose to do for the "talent" part of the competition.  And why is what Joy said worse than what the other gal said ?

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Respected Contributor

Another instance of people making something out of nothing.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Esteemed Contributor

@Lotus wrote:

I missed it live, so I googled the original statement by Joy.

Personally, I really don't think she was making fun of nurses......but making a joke about what the contestant chose to do for the "talent" part of the competition.  And why is what Joy said worse than what the other gal said ?

I agree.  I also believe that most of the negativity thrown at the show itself has nothing to do with the "nurse comments" but a dislike of the show's hosts. and their personal viewpoints on other matters.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought the "What's she doing with a doctor's stethoscope?" comment was ignorant.  Of course, nurses use them too!  

I also think the average nurse has more talent than The View's hosts.

Esteemed Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

I thought the "What's she doing with a doctor's stethoscope?" comment was ignorant.  Of course, nurses use them too!  

I also think the average nurse has more talent than The View's hosts.

Yes, you are correct that was the statement that caused the reaction and more brains might I add