Honored Contributor

Re: Spoiler Alert: Jeopardy fans

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3  On my screen, even though there was a spoiler alert, the "sad face" was clearly visible without even clickiing on the post.  At least on my MacBook Pro.  (See below)

Spoiler Alert: Jeopardy fans

No words. :-(

(bold added by me)

Honored Contributor

I will hold to my opinion that he threw the game first the Get Well card from his daughter to Alex and then his lack luster game play, which was very uncharacteristic for him

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

When I found out James lost prior to watching, it ruined my evening.  Jeopardy is the only show worth watching ... and if Alex T. does not recover, then take it off the air, his shoes will be hard to fill. 

Thought the get-well card from James' daughter to Alex was touching.     James will be back for Championship games, but for me, the "pizazz" is gone. 

Honored Contributor

Don't beat up on me, but l found him to be almost robotic. And "professional" gamblers take big risks; eventually they bet wrong and lose.

I think it was time to give someone else a chance as the winner, and l will root for Emma.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Valued Contributor

Valued Contributor

It seemed fishy to me too. I think he lost on purpose for various reasons.
Respected Contributor

I don't for one minute think he lost on purpose.  The woman was quick on the buzzer and she got both Daily Doubles during Double Jeopardy.  She was able to ramp up her score when he's usually the one doing that.

I didn't understand his final wager, but he said he had to assume Emma knew the answer and would bet enough to win.  He was just protecting himself from coming in third.

Respected Contributor

He had a perpetual smirk on his face that I found intolerable.

He had a good run. happy to see him go.

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

@suzyQ3  On my screen, even though there was a spoiler alert, the "sad face" was clearly visible without even clickiing on the post.  At least on my MacBook Pro.  (See below)

Spoiler Alert: Jeopardy fans

No words. :-(

(bold added by me)

Yes, thank you, @Krimpette . I did address this in my last post.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Every reign must come to an end.

There will always be someone faster, younger, stronger, etc to take the place of whoever is on top.

Then one day, that person will be replaced.

Such is life.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.