Honored Contributor

Re: Spoiler Alert Gymnastics

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 When you say "I don't think" you are correct! 

@Love my grandkids  she is entitled to express her opinion like you are. No need for a personal attack. 

Your post is nastier than what she wrote.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I believe the swimmer they were referring to who tries to intimidate opponents is Lilly King, who was the favorite to win the 100m breaststroke but lost to Jacoby from AK. Jacoby didn’t get a lot of prerace coverage simply because she wasn't thought to have a chance to win.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, that's Lilly.

She's known as "The Queen of Psyching Out Opponents"

"I like to win the race before it starts"

It's a big part of many competitions.

Esteemed Contributor

It wasn’t Katie Ledeckey who tries to intimidate. She’s known for her good sportsmanship and always congratulates Titmus from Australia who is her competitor. I think it was King but not sure.
Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@RainCityWoman I felt that way about the swimmer from AK that won over the NBC favorite.  They had just done a story about Ledecky? was brash and confident and liked to try and intimidate the other swimmers and nary a word about Jacoby.  The look on Jacoby's face when she realized she won was priceless.  About Ledecky, all I could think was if she was so confident why would she need to intimidate the competition?

Katie Ledecky is anything but brash.  You most definitely are attaching the wrong name to the story you are referring to.

Honored Contributor

@Stray wrote:
Titmus from Australia who is her competitor.

After Titmus won her gold medal her coach/trainer's reaction......

proxy-image-1.gif

837514213.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Stray wrote:
It wasn’t Katie Ledeckey who tries to intimidate. She’s known for her good sportsmanship and always congratulates Titmus from Australia who is her competitor. I think it was King but not sure.

I could have sworn I heard Ledecky say she stares at opponents right before a meet. I also heard that it's far from Ledecky's usual personality.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess @So true! I thought --the swimmer--personified the ugly American stereotype in that race. Happy for Jacoby and against such odds: limited facilities that could have created problems for. Her peers' responses were heartwarming.  Edited to note that it was not Ledecky but another woman.

Honored Contributor

I CORRECTED MY POST TO SHOW THAT THE BRASH INTIMIDATING SWIMMER WAS LILY KING, NOT LEDECKY.

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH -- you should have had the results further down in your post so that it did not show up before I even opened the thread!

Think the title would have stopped you from opening if you didn't want to know results.

@CrazyDaisy I didn't have to open the thread, and I didn't.  When I am on the forums on my desktop computer, the first sentance or two of the post shows up right under the title of the thread.  Right under the words "Spoiler Alert" was her name.  It is not like that on my phone, but it sure is on my compouter.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead