Honored Contributor

Re: Spoiler Alert Gymnastics

Sunisa has signed a letter of intent to attend Auburn University. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Icegoddess   I have Verizon FIOS.  Besides NBC, I watch the Olympics on USA & The Olympic Channels.  The latter 2 channels shows the lesser shown Olympian sports w/o commercials until after the medal ceremony......

Archery

Equestrian Jumping

Rifle shooting

Judo

Taekwondo

Boxing

BMX freestyle

Ping Pong

Surfing (I didn't know that was an Olympian sport! Smiley Surprised )

etc., etc., etc........

@Mz iMac Thanks, I'll look at watching the reruns on Monday.  Not getting up at 3am to watch it live.  Maybe they'll show the whole event and not just the top two?

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

I enjoy the olympics.  Sadly, I'm just not enjoying them with the huge time difference.  I like to watch entire events, not only the top two winning teams the media shows us.  Watching the ladies Team event, one would think that only USA and Russia were competing.  

I enjoyed them when I could stream the entire event live. However, live for these Olympics is while I'm still sleeping.  I don't think you can go back and get the entire event after it has streamed.  I really enjoyed Equestrian Jumping at the last Summer Olympics. 

NBC even makes it difficult to read the scheduling.  On their NBCOlympics com page you have to look by day and then it's a bunch of icons you have to know and click on to determine what exact event is scheduled for that day, and their times are in Japan's time.  I just want a running schedule where you can click on it.  I don't know if the app is any better since, as I said, I'm sleeping when they're on.  And, I guess I'll have the same problem with the Winter Olympics as far as timing goes.  

Have you tried CBUT, the Canadian coverage. A friend of mine swears by their coverage, though the time difference is still there. I remember the Australian Olympics had the same issues.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sushismom wrote:

@Icegoddess 

I don't mind so much the time difference but it bothers me no end only the top two contending countries are shown.

And congratulations to Suni! 

The triathlon fortunately covered all contestants. Watching that Norwegian win in disbelief and joy was worth the price of admission, so to speak. I was so happy for him.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@Sushismom wrote:

@Icegoddess 

I don't mind so much the time difference but it bothers me no end only the top two contending countries are shown.

And congratulations to Suni! 

The triathlon fortunately covered all contestants. Watching that Norwegian win in disbelief and joy was worth the price of admission, so to speak. I was so happy for him.

@RainCityWoman I felt that way about the swimmer from AK that won over the NBC favorite.  They had just done a story about Lily King was brash and confident and liked to try and intimidate the other swimmers and nary a word about Jacoby.  The look on Jacoby's face when she realized she won was priceless.  About King, all I could think was if she was so confident why would she need to intimidate the competition?

EDITED TO CORRECT THE OTHER SIMMER WHO WAS NOT LEDECKY, BUT LILY KING WHO GOT THE BRONZE.

Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

I enjoy the olympics.  Sadly, I'm just not enjoying them with the huge time difference.  I like to watch entire events, not only the top two winning teams the media shows us.  Watching the ladies Team event, one would think that only USA and Russia were competing.  

I enjoyed them when I could stream the entire event live. However, live for these Olympics is while I'm still sleeping.  I don't think you can go back and get the entire event after it has streamed.  I really enjoyed Equestrian Jumping at the last Summer Olympics. 

NBC even makes it difficult to read the scheduling.  On their NBCOlympics com page you have to look by day and then it's a bunch of icons you have to know and click on to determine what exact event is scheduled for that day, and their times are in Japan's time.  I just want a running schedule where you can click on it.  I don't know if the app is any better since, as I said, I'm sleeping when they're on.  And, I guess I'll have the same problem with the Winter Olympics as far as timing goes.  

Have you tried CBUT, the Canadian coverage. A friend of mine swears by their coverage, though the time difference is still there. I remember the Australian Olympics had the same issues.

@RainCityWoman never herard of it.  I do remember when I watched the last Winter Olympics on the NBC App I really liked the commentators better than the ones who called them on network TV.  Others I talked to had the same opinion.

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@RainCityWoman I felt that way about the swimmer from AK that won over the NBC favorite.  They had just done a story about Ledecky? was brash and confident and liked to try and intimidate the other swimmers and nary a word about Jacoby.  The look on Jacoby's face when she realized she won was priceless.  About Ledecky, all I could think was if she was so confident why would she need to intimidate the competition?

————————

I didn’t see the story you’re talking about but that doesn’t sound like Katie Ledecky based on anything I’ve seen or read. There was another American in the race that won the bronze metal, wondering if it might be her? I’ve only ever seen Katie be supportive of other athletes, not that I watch outside the Olympics.

Honored Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@RainCityWoman I felt that way about the swimmer from AK that won over the NBC favorite.  They had just done a story about Ledecky? was brash and confident and liked to try and intimidate the other swimmers and nary a word about Jacoby.  The look on Jacoby's face when she realized she won was priceless.  About Ledecky, all I could think was if she was so confident why would she need to intimidate the competition?

————————

I didn’t see the story you’re talking about but that doesn’t sound like Katie Ledecky based on anything I’ve seen or read. There was another American in the race that won the bronze metal, wondering if it might be her? I’ve only ever seen Katie be supportive of other athletes, not that I watch outside the Olympics.

@tucsongal you are probably right.  That's why I put a ? after her name.  It was the other American in the same race, whoever that was.

Respected Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

————————

I am surprised to hear this too.   I have never heard Katie be anything like that.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

I remember hearing that about Ledecky. She said it about herself. It wasn't any other swimmer.