Honored Contributor

Spinners, not the garden kind.

I've been a QVC shopper longer than probably most on this board, so I'm not a newbie or a chronic complainer. However I'm puzzled by some of the responses that posters with legitimate complaints or concerns get here. No matter the issue, some leap to the Q's defense and spin whatever the issue is so that the poster is wrong or foolish or any number of insulting things. I swear these apologists could work for politicians , they are so adept at spinning. I'll probably get dumped on , that's ok, I can handle it, it just makes me wonder.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
QVC Customer Care

Re: Spinners, not the garden kind.

This post has been removed by QVC because it may be misunderstood

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maybe the spinmeisters actually work for QVC?  Or they suspect the complainers just have an axe to grind and wish to put them in their place?

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Maybe the spinmeisters actually work for QVC?  Or they suspect the complainers just have an axe to grind and wish to put them in their place?

It doesn't seem to be random, the same Folks , same excuses. Relatives ??? LOL

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

thespinners-1.jpgWell now I know it's not about this group.

Honored Contributor

Some people develop loyalties and will defend whoever/whatever they're loyal to, regardless of the charge against them. It's human nature. Shopping channels like QVC try to develop and encourage such loyalties. They want shoppers to believe in them, to trust them, to defend them. Everything you see on TV is designed to promote and develop that loyalty. They could use monotone hosts in a warehouse setting reciting the details of what's being offered. Instead they have warm, friendly hosts, inviting you into their home (the sets are home-like for a reason) to show you and tell you about this great new whatever they've found and invite you to be one of the lucky ones to take advantage of it. These warm, friendly, kindly hosts become friends who you defend. This is how home shopping channels survive. They have big costs in building and equipping a studio. They have big costs in staffing. They need to develop a relationship with viewers to earn your trust to get you to shop there. For those with whom they succed, defending them becomes natural. Someone's attacking your friend, so you defend them. You don't really care if your friend is right or wrong, you defend them. It's what friends do.

For a business, it's what you want. Some companies are insanely good at developing such relationships. Some Apple fanboys/fangirls are absurdly loyal to Apple and will defend the company to the death. It's not just a business relationship to them, it's personal. Apple is their friend and how dare you say anything negative about them. Pretty much every sane business wants that type of loyalty and works hard to build it. (The cable TV industry being a big exception. They have a stranglehold on the consumer, so they don't care. Hate us all you want, but we have what you want and no one else does, so you're stuck with us.) You can call it spinning, but it's just loyalty. Someone's attacking their friend, so they fight back to help their friend.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@cactusgal wrote:

thespinners-1.jpgWell now I know it's not about this group.

Was hoping it was!  I'm going to see them in January and am very excited.  (Have seen them a few times in the past.)

Valued Contributor

@Citrine1 (It's A Shame) I won't be there Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

It seems to me it is a lot of the same posters that complain a lot.  Sometimes the complaints seem frivolous and other are demanding, yelling, screaming to get their way and are just plain rude, yet others whine.

The Q must do a good job because of the millions that buy and dont complain on these boards.  

God bless customer service I know I could not do it.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

@cactusgal wrote:

@Citrine1 (It's A Shame) I won't be there Woman LOL

LOL  Too funny @cactusgal.  Don't worry.  After the show "I'll be Around" to report on it.