Super Contributor

As a school administrator I put a stop to these on my campus after we found one little entrepreneur collecting money from friends then asking his mom to buy them on Amazon! His mother was furious with him because he was doing it in the first place and second, her entrepreneur son was costing her money because he sold them for less than they cost and didn't consider shipping costs! Consequently, he was able to do a great research presentation directly related to the financial literacy unit they were studying

Further, these things are more distracting and have caused arguments, stealing and more drama than one could ever imagine! 

Honored Contributor

My school banned them. There will be a blurb about them in next year's handbook. Only students with plans are allowed fidgets and most of these spinners do not qualify. Our resource teacher said that fidgets can be helpful for some ADHD kids but they have to fit the requirements: fit in non dominant hand, manipulated without student staring at it, can't make noise which may distract others, student can still write with dominant hand, and student is still focused on teacher or lesson.