Honored Contributor

Re: Spin-off from the "Happy Palm Sunday" thread; Birthday Party on Easter

@qbetzforrealwrote:

It was the mom's refusal to be flexible that messed up her son's bday party.  She only has herself to blame.  She could have let some come for the sleepover on Sat and then go home and those who could stay, stay.  I'm wondering why it was two days or nothing.  She was wrong to try to guilt and place blame on the other moms.

@qbetzforreal  Exactly!!

I would also like to add that often people have parties that overlap (think graduation parties) and people will spend some time at one then move on to the other.  Not everyone who wishes to attend an event can always go for the duration.

This mom was very unreasonable and selfish.

Respected Contributor

This makes me sad ... what a teaching moment she could have had

with her son .... how to go with the flow ....it could have been ... Whoops

guess we goofed on the date .. lets just move it to another weekend ...

This smacks me as an example of how everything now a days turns

into a confrontation ...or fight ....

So basically her lesson to her son is .. my way or the highway .....

Respected Contributor

And i must say I applaud you for sticking to your beliefs ....

Honored Contributor

having a birthday party on a holiday weekend can be really tricky for all involved.

Some celebrate Easter,some don’t.

My grand daughters are both Christmas babies. again a holiday so birthday parties are out. So what my DD does is celebrate it another month. This year it was Feb for both kids.

The mom could have moved his birthday to the weekend after Easter and it would have solved the problem. she didn’t want to take away the child’s special day but sometimes you have to move the party because of other obligations that other children are having and can not get out of the family attendance at another very important family event.

Respected Contributor

This is the way we teach our kids not everything is perfect .. everything

can't be your way ... learn to adjust .. compromise etc ..it ...will serve them

in the future .....

Honored Contributor

@cherrywrote:

I know you wouldn't @Ms tyrion2 and it is one of the things I love and respect you for...when you have run into a person like that, it is something you are never able to forget... I wish everyone was just like you

But @cherry, what hit me and actually offended me about your previous post is that you even put this idea out there. I personally have been around a million years, and the only time I've enountered people who would not have a friendship with a family based on religion was if they bigoted towards the particular religion.

I have never met any one who just willy-nilly rejects any religious family. If I had, would have considered that person(s) to have psychological issues beyond that one.

Like Ms tryion2 (can't seem to notify her), I am not religious, to put it mildly. Yet I would never think to ascribe anti-religion in a situation like this unless there was some evidence of that. 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This person was bigoted toward all religions.. but especially toward mine...when someone behaves like this mother did, and then has the nerve to post a nasty message ,to those who refused to put aside a prime holy day, just to please her, it speaks volumes