Valued Contributor

I looked at the Candace Bure top and noted they described it as a "surplus" top. Yes, it would probably be one too many in my closet.

The word is "SURPLICE" , meaning a crossover top. Are we spelling by ear now?

Honored Contributor

Re: Spelling, People, Spelling

[ Edited ]

send the information to qvcsocialteam@qvc.com for correction.

(the title is spelled correctly, the word surplus is in the description.)

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Could be a proofreading problem—autocorrect does some funny things!

Honored Contributor

sur·​plice 

ˈsər-pləs

Surplice Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Soooooooooooooo many spelling, grammar and punctuation errors online.  Drives me crazy.  Yeah, I know... my problem.  {*_*}

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Esteemed Contributor

@zitawins 

I have been pretty good at spelling since 3rd grade. However, as long as I can understand what a person is typing, I don't give it a thought.

However, when advertising and other things? I think so many things are now controlled by electronics, some rarely check the spelling. I have seen highway paintings misspelled. Not enough to cause wrecks, but really?  Ai is taking over, and many don't even notice.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@zitawins wrote:

I looked at the Candace Bure top and noted they described it as a "surplus" top. Yes, it would probably be one too many in my closet.

The word is "SURPLICE" , meaning a crossover top. Are we spelling by ear now?

@zitawins 

Yes, everyone has gone to Voice Recognition.  I was told when teaching ESL, by the authorities, that our language would be easier to understand that way and that spelling did not matter so much as getting it so the Californians could understand, as California has hundreds of languages so not to worry about proper English.  This came from an MBA at Harvard.

Honored Contributor

@spent2much wrote:

Soooooooooooooo many spelling, grammar and punctuation errors online.  Drives me crazy.  Yeah, I know... my problem.  {*_*}

@spent2much 

Same here.  While it's sometimes easy to skip the spelling errors, but when a third grade word is wrong, it really makes me wonder.

IMO, posting on a message board should be done so people can actually understand the comments, not like some slap dash string of words in a text message.  

QVC makes too many errors in spelling and descriptions.  A few times I saw jewelry descriptions listed incorrectly and my first thought is to pick up the phone and call them.  Of course, I won't connect with anyone who can do anything about it.  

Honored Contributor

Spoiler

@sunshine45 wrote:

@sunshine45    It was spelled "surplus" in the title when it was on the screen when presented.  I noticed it immediately.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:
Spoiler

@sunshine45 wrote:

@sunshine45    It was spelled "surplus" in the title when it was on the screen when presented.  I noticed it immediately.

@Kachina624 

didnt see it on screen.....just went to the item page when i saw this thread.