Contributor

Speed Queen washer TC5003WN question?

Can you give me opinions on this model.

Also, It doesn't look like you can control the water levels, can you?

Thanks.

Respected Contributor

Re: Speed Queen washer TC5003WN question?

@Ro 

Hello, RVG.

A few months ago, in a snowy cold spell, my washing machine finally quit.  It was a Speed Queen, about 10 years-old.   Our local dealer delivered a new model at 6 p.m. on a cold winter's night.  Everyone, PLEASE SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL BUSINESSES!

Okay, so my new Speed Queen Washing Machine is Model TC5000WN.

So, we may have a slightly different model than the one you specifically asked about.

Our new machine only has TWO water levels.  The older machine had several.  So, I was not so sure how I would like that feature.

Here's what happened with us.  I almost always use the lower level, "Normal," or however it is labeled.  On rare occasion we need to use the "deep" level.  

I am living with this feature.  The Speed Queen does a GREAT job getting my laundry clean.  All in all, I am quite satisfied with this new model.

Hope that helps. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Some months back I had to get one and it was during a period when the appliance stores were low on stock and ordering wouldn't get you any promises on delivery times, it could be months. I was lucky to find one that was available for delivery within a week. Well actually it did get delayed but only by a 2nd week.

In any case, I was so so happy that the one I found gave me 5 choices of water level one of which was to let the machine determine how much water was needed. I know you asked specifically about a Speed Queen but if choosing your water level is majorly important to you and you can't find a Speed Queen that fits the bill the GE that I got makes me happy not only with the water level choices but choices like Speed Wash, Bulky Items Wash and such. If interested post again and I'll give you the Item #.

Occasional Contributor

Sorry I just HAVE TO chime in.I purchased a speed quen commercial washer in october 2016 just yesterday it died. i paid over 900.oo for it .ITS JUNK all spped queens are junk.

I told the salesmen at the store when i went to purchase new washer and he siaid the same thing.(never told him brand of what i was replacing) anyhow ended up buying a whirlpool top load washer for much less.

goes to show price at times paying more does not mean better.

Honored Contributor

i have raved about speed queen for the past two years......love the quality, the 7 year warranty, and made in the USA!......super quiet also.

i have a TR7000WN and it has four water levels......small, medium, large, and auto fill.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Contributor

Shaggygirl please send info. Thanks

Esteemed Contributor

@Ro wrote:

Shaggygirl please send info. Thanks

@Ro 

My model # is GTW465ASNWW

Honored Contributor

@TrustintheLord wrote:

Sorry I just HAVE TO chime in.I purchased a speed quen commercial washer in october 2016 just yesterday it died. i paid over 900.oo for it .ITS JUNK all spped queens are junk.

I told the salesmen at the store when i went to purchase new washer and he siaid the same thing.(never told him brand of what i was replacing) anyhow ended up buying a whirlpool top load washer for much less.

goes to show price at times paying more does not mean better.

@TrustintheLord 

Check the warranty. It should still be covered. They are ususally 7 years, and when I bought mine, they had a 10 year warranty promotion going on. 

Respected Contributor

Rvg. I allso have a ge washer that shaggiegirl  mentioned.we got it 18 months ago and its awesome. Washes very well. 4.2 size tub. Holds king size comforters spins really fast to shorten time in the dryer. I highly recommend it.it was like 600 bucks.  We got it from an independent store. They treat people way better than big stores. Good luck.

Contributor

I have the SQ TR7000WN. It's the digital model but it has 4 options for water level. I've had 2 HE top loaders & they both took over 80 minutes to wash sheets. Constantly unbalanced & my Samsung dryer broke when it was less than 2 yr old. Drum belt snapped! I was done. Love new appliances!