Esteemed Contributor

I think there are certain areas of road that are perfectly suited to that speed limit. They are usually flat, straight and not too congested. No problem with that at all.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

Doesn't make a bit of difference in the DC area the idiots are driving 80 and up now on our interstates.  Gosh forbid if they miss one second out of their lousy lives or their next cell phone call. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC Inappropriate

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi (I'm kidding on this) but have you ever gone to the salt flats and opened her up?

Esteemed Contributor

At that speed....if you hit anything I doubt you would survive

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

@Desertdi (I'm kidding on this) but have you ever gone to the salt flats and opened her up?

@qualitygal  Naw..........we DO have some private tracks around here, tho, and Bondurant Racing School is in Chandler.....but, I'm way beyond the "competitive" age.    My first husband was a drag race driver (Half Moon Bay)........but that was decades ago(!)     

In case anybody thinks I'm a menace to society.........there are roads in AZ, NM, and NV where you can drive 100 miles without seeing another car!) di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

Speed kills.

People would drive at maximum warp if they could.

Honored Contributor

I drive 80 on a 6-lane interstate and I'm the slow one.

If I drove 75, I'd probably get run over.

Respected Contributor

There are plenty of people around here that go 80 or more no matter what  that sign says! Kinda like " speed sign?? what exactly is a speed sign? ".

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

People will always drive at least five miles over the speed limit no matter what it is.  I don't think they should have raised the speed limit.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau