Esteemed Contributor

Re: Special gift for a close friend

Hi @Franklinbell  .... try Amazon.  

Respected Contributor

Go to American Stationary.com. I love their catalog but you can order on the site as well. I order lots of different types of cards or thank you notes, etc. personalized for many in my family and they just love them. I know your friend will also.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I second the recommendation for American Stationary.

They have different sales going on all the time.

You can get anything from simply elegant embossing to fun and flirty.

I have cards, address labels and personalized note pads from them.

So much fun picking out what you want--so many colors and styles, what you want it printed on it.

I think your idea is a great one for your friend!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Franklinbell wrote:

Hello everyone.

• I hope everyone in well! I am looking to purchase some beautiful stationery for a friend. She has a big birthday approaching! Believe it or not she still writes letters. Mostly letters of concern, sympathy, think of you and encouragement. We still keep in touch by phone and text but she loves dropping a little letter in the mail. I still have several that she has written over the years.  Any recommendations on a great place to purchase elegant stationery?  Thanks!

@Franklinbell, what a thoughtful gesture! Woman Happy I would like to recommend Persoanlization Mall, which we have used for years for personalized items (particularly personalized photo canvases).  Highly recommend this company.  Pesonalization Mall does great work and the turn-around time is incredibly fast!  If you sign up for email, they send deals and coupons.  FYI, they are associated with Bed, Bath & Beyond.  You can order through their site and use their frequent 20% coupons.  Also, the personalization is always free, whereas other companies charge for personalization.

I searched for stationary sets, but did not find one with matching envelopes.  However, they have envelopes of different sizes you can personalize to match the stationary pad.  You could also do personalized address labels. They have a lot of unique ones (different shapes, sizes and designs). 

ETA that they also have beautiful pen sets (some with gorgeous, personalized wood cases).